Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:07 AM
This update corrects a minor glitch affecting the updates of definition files.
There have been quite a few posts suggesting that this update would include a fix for the flashing Ad-Watch tray icon, but it does not. This will bedealt with in update that is scheduled for next week, however.
Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:25 PM
- Fixed: Bug affecting the detection of Internet Explorer Cookies
- Fixed: Multiple dialog bug.
- Fixed: Bug affecting Definitions File downloads at startup
- Added: Icons in Scan Result list for Privacy Objects
- Added: Scan of Opera Speed Dials
- Fixed: Bug affecting the saving of Ad-Watch settings
- Fixed: Ad-Watch pop-up at Windows shutdown removed
- Added: Ad-Watch RegShield User List
- Added: New Ad-Watch setting that lets you turn off blinking tray icon
Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:38 PM
- Fixed: Bug affecting the scan of archives
- Fixed: Bug affecting the scan of Opera search page
- Fixed: Presentation bug with deleted items
- Fixed: TVirtualStringTree bug that made application crash after scan
- Added: "Display update status dialog" setting
- Added: Dialog that is displayed when a Definitions File update is in progress
- Added: Functionality to facilitate transfer of SE licenses to Ad-Aware 2007
Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:36 PM
- Fixed: Bug that caused GUI to crash when set to Hibernate
- Fixed: GUI now handles 120 DPI better
- Fixed: Bug that made GUI crash when closed after a scan was scheduled
- Fixed: GUI now handles 120 DPI better
Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:37 PM
The memory usage of the Service component of Ad-Aware 2007 has caused much debate, especially among the freeware users, who do not have access to the scheduling or real-time features. The service architecture is necessary as we begin to address emerging forms of malware and you can read more about this in this thread: Regarding the Service
Despite the fact that most of this memory is willingly swapped to the Windows page file, we have - as a direct response to the multiple concerns caused by this issue - worked very hard to find ways of actively returning the memory to Windows whenever Ad-Aware 2007 is not in use.
With the release of version 18.104.22.168, we are happy to announce that the memory consumption of the Ad-Aware 2007 Service is vastly reduced whenever Ad-Aware 2007 is not running. We are sure you will appreciate the results!
- The service uses less resources when not scanning.
- Memory leaks fixed in core engine.
- Fixed: Ad-Watch performance have greatly improved by making implementation more efficient
- Fixed: Resource leaks have been fixed in various Ad-Watch modules
- Fixed: Bug in Cookieblocker that made it crash frequently on some systems
Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:53 PM
- Fixed: A bug that caused the program to crash when removing large quantities of objects has been fixed
- Fixed: Timing issues in the communication between the GUI and the service should now be resolved.
- Fixed: A bug affecting the command line interface has been fixed.
Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:11 PM
- Fixed: The malware removal at Windows startup now removes folders
- Fixed: Improvements to the network scanning fuctionality
- Fixed: Better detection and removal of LSP and NSP malware
- Added: New, streamlined licensing system
- Added: MiniMessage notification system, offering a more flexible means for us to contact you through the product.
- Added: Multi lingual support. The 22.214.171.124 update includes a language file for French. More language files will be rolled out successively as they are finalized. At this point the schedule for these releases is not set, and hence we cannot give information about when a particular language file will be released. We will post information on these forums as more language files become available.
Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:55 PM
The software updates made available today contain minor tweaks to address some issues with the translations and the licensing system. The software version number remains at 126.96.36.199 as this update does not contain any major feature additions.
Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:58 PM
The software updates made available today serve to fix issues with slow updates (which caused 'SSL Download failed' errors), program crashes at Windows startup scans and a few smaller bugs. The software update also includes a new version of the Update Manager.
The software version number remains at 188.8.131.52 as this update does not contain any major feature additions.
Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:38 PM
As the next step in the process of making localized versions of Ad-Aware 2007, software update 184.108.40.206 introduces Spanish. The new installation package should be available on the download servers shortly, and the Spanish language file will be available through the software update functionality in Ad-Aware.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users