Photo

Is There A New Virus That Blocks Ad-aware Updates?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nevordan

Nevordan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:29 AM

It goes to 5% and says Error Retrieving Update. If I am persistant and click on it about 50 times, it will (sometimes) update, but not always. I am wondering if there's some virus out there to block Ad-Aware updates. Maybe someone attacked Lavasoft... what do I know. All I know is I can't update this thing anymore, and it's annoying. And frightening. Help?

#2 phdbeancounter

phdbeancounter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

It goes to 5% and says Error Retrieving Update. If I am persistant and click on it about 50 times, it will (sometimes) update, but not always. I am wondering if there's some virus out there to block Ad-Aware updates. Maybe someone attacked Lavasoft... what do I know. All I know is I can't update this thing anymore, and it's annoying. And frightening. Help?

I am having the same problem. The only way to update your definition file is to download the new definition file and unzip the file into C:Program Files/Lavasoft/Ad-Aware SE Personal/ folder. You will continue to receive the "You haven't updated your files in 5 days" message.

#3 Nevordan

Nevordan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:22 PM

Mine says 17 days. Does anyone know what is going on here? It's been a long time. I would have thought it'd be fixed by now.

#4 lav101

lav101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:43 PM

Have you uninstalled/restarted/reinstalled using the updated software to fix the server address to byapss the old internet pointers (DNS)?
The updated software (free version) is at... (if you have paid version, then open a problem on that area of this site)

http://download.lava...wsepersonal.exe

This worked fine for me, and I was in the 5% update failure boat for weeks. No problems now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users