• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AdAware User

AdAware User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

I started using Ad-Watch 2 weeks back on Windows Vista. In the first week, Ad-Watch worked perfectly, blocking all those tracking cookies such as hitbox, doubleclick etc. Recently for unknown reason, Ad-Watch stopped blocking them. I have not changed the settings, and have enabled "Block Tracking Cookies". These cookies are later detected and removed by Ad-Aware. Could it be a Vista compatibility problem or Ad-Watch problem? It is annoying that I have to run Ad-Aware every time after being on the internet.

#2 Ai_Tak

Ai_Tak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:35 AM

ad-watch (se) was created before IE7 and vista were even started, the exact glitches of compatiblity are not fully known, ad-aware (and ad-watch) 2007 are in beta testing and were designed with IE7 and vista under consideration.

#3 AdAware User

AdAware User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:32 PM

Ai Tak, thanks for the advice. I understand that it is not compatible with IE7/Vista, but surprised that it worked OK for a while. Anyway, believe I have to wait for the new upgrade/update.

#4 AdAware User

AdAware User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:19 AM

Surprise, Ad-Watch is doing the job tonight. No change made, still the same definition file SE162.

#5 B.Williams

B.Williams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

Don't close this topic just yet - my Ad-Watch is also not blocking tracking cookies in real-time. I am using XP sp2 and IE7.

#6 mfumbly

mfumbly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:42 AM

Don't close this topic just yet - my Ad-Watch is also not blocking tracking cookies in real-time. I am using XP sp2 and IE7.

I had this problem with not blocking tracking cookies ever since coming up on Vista, finally got tired of all the UAC popups one day and disabled UAC. Presto, tracking cookies are now blocked and logged just like on my good ole XP machine. I couldn't tell you why though. Cheers.

#7 phil424

phil424

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

Me Too !!

Since recent updates from Norton AV 2007 / Microsoft XP (11/12 April 07), Adwatch no longer detects cookies in realtime. Don't know which one stuffed Adwatch.

Tried everything (toggling Active / Automatic / etc) in Adwatch setup but doesn't seem to fix problem.

OK, I thought, I will re-install Adwatch. But can't find any re-install exe's on my PC. Does anyone know how to re-install / re-download without having to buy the product again ?

It might be of interst to Lavasoft, that one thing I did notice was that there is some conflict between Adwatch and Norton AV. Toggling the Adwatch Active / Automatic buttons brings up the Norton AV Live Update pop-up advising that updates are available - I was offline at the time, so this pop-up shouldn't appear. Maybe Lavasoft and Norton both try to access similar areas of registry and thats how things get stuffed ?

Anyway, hope someone can give me advice. Maybe I will have to give up on Adwatch and rely on AOL Spyware & Norton otherwise.

#8 Derek34

Derek34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

Me Too !!

Since recent updates from Norton AV 2007 / Microsoft XP (11/12 April 07), Adwatch no longer detects cookies in realtime. Don't know which one stuffed Adwatch.

Tried everything (toggling Active / Automatic / etc) in Adwatch setup but doesn't seem to fix problem.

OK, I thought, I will re-install Adwatch. But can't find any re-install exe's on my PC. Does anyone know how to re-install / re-download without having to buy the product again ?

It might be of interst to Lavasoft, that one thing I did notice was that there is some conflict between Adwatch and Norton AV. Toggling the Adwatch Active / Automatic buttons brings up the Norton AV Live Update pop-up advising that updates are available - I was offline at the time, so this pop-up shouldn't appear. Maybe Lavasoft and Norton both try to access similar areas of registry and thats how things get stuffed ?

Anyway, hope someone can give me advice. Maybe I will have to give up on Adwatch and rely on AOL Spyware & Norton otherwise.

Another Me Too!
Ad Watch, today, failed to block Avertising.com, Avenue A. Inc and DoubleClick.

I installed and registered Ad-Aware plus 2007 yesterday 26/6/07, Ad Watch is running, or should I say supposed to be running!

I am running Windows XP PRO, Norton Internet Security 2007 and Spybot Search & Destroy.

Before installing Ad-Aware Plus 2007 yesterday I made sure my computer was free of Tracking Cookies by running the free version of Ad-Aware 2006 and Spybot. After a session on the net this morning I did an Ad-Aware scan and found several Cookies including the 3 previously mentioned ones. This afternoon after being on the net I used Spybot and found I had again picked up the 3 Cookies previously mentioned.

The reason I purchased Ad-Aware plus 2007 was so that Cookies would be stopped from getting on my computer. I have had a look around the forum and can't find an answer to the problem, have I wasted my money?

If anyone from Lavasoft is monitoring this topic would you please reply and in simple terms.

I did by the way uninstall the old version of Ad-Aware first.

Thank you.

Edited by Derek34, 27 June 2007 - 10:22 AM.

#9 fab30

fab30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 02:14 PM

good day. I have acquired the 19/07/2007 to-aware 2007, but with seen operating system it does not work in realtime because it does not load it. .mentre with operating system xp with explore Internet 7 to-watch 2007 with blocks the cookies, while in the section processes no voce...com is not present and can resolve… in waited for of one answer porgo my salutes….

Edited by fab30, 21 July 2007 - 03:29 PM.

#10 fab30

fab30

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

in the wait of having an answer of because to-aware 2007 for it does not work with operating system xp home and Internet explorer 7 I have been able to verify that to-aware if for it blocks in realtime cookies… when it comes resolved the problem with to-aware 2007. .visto che I have paid 43 euro for an unusable program….in attended porgo my thankses for eventual answers… thanks

Edited by fab30, 23 July 2007 - 06:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users