• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 doggonit

doggonit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

The virus first reported by AVGfree A/V as embedded but not cleaned out by it or v-cleaner... Ran Ad-Aware and all problems appeared to go away. System hung up next day and reload of software resulted in its return along with an icon in the toolbar(?) (Lower right corner) that will get you to "VirusBlast" selling something not good!... Ad-awareSE reported 11 critical objects. Deleted them and 2 are still there. Try Spybot and it showed and deleted many different things. Down to the following: Win32.Trojandownloader.Zlob (2) along with the icon for Virus Blast. TAC on these are 10.0 Scan log show a lot of info.
Summary shows they are Regkey type. There is another called BargainBuddy included in the scan TAC =8 that I think was deleted.
Ad-aware will not remove them (they show up on next scan). AVG and another A/V will not detect them.
They seem to have access to the internet so I keep my modem powered down or the computer off when using another cpu. My e-mail is cjbdgb444@sbcglobal.net. Thank, Doggonit

#2 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:22 PM

Hi doggonit,

To assist the malware removal experts, please post a log from HijackThis:

IMPORTANT - Before Posting a HijackThis Log

Instructions on creating a HijackThis Log

Due to the number of requests for help, it may take a day or two for the expert log-readers to get to you - please be patient and don't "bump your post, as logs are answered from oldest to newest :D

Regards,

Spike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users