We have had reports that when trying to run a scan (smart, profile or full) that you may encounter the following error:
"Ad-Aware was shut down unexpectedly and has generated an error report.
By sending the error report to Lavasoft you can help us identify the problem and fix it. Click ok to send the report (no other information will be sent) or cancel if you prefer not to send it."
If so, then please do send the error report to Lavasoft.
As to a resolution, here is an official reply from Lavasoft:
Dear Ad Aware users
Thank you for your posts in here and informing us about this issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
We are currently addressing this issue from the reports you have sent through the Error Box.
Currently, there there may be one workaround to this problem and that is to disable the critical area scan. However, if you are uncomfortable with that (I would be), then my recommendation is to uninstall Ad-Aware 8.2 and revert back to 8.1.2 (which will update itself to Ad-Aware 8.1.4). However, I must stress this is my opinion and not necessarily the view of Lavasoft.
To revert to Ad-Aware 8.1.4
- Uninstall Ad-Aware 8.2 via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel
- Download Ad-Aware 8.1.2 from Filehippo
- Save the installer to your dekstop and, once downloaded, run the file.
- Allow Ad-Aware to update to version 8.1.4 but do not update to 8.2 even if prompted.
- Keep an eye on these forums for a fix to 8.2 and, once released, please then update back to 8.2.x
Edited by casey_boy, 17 February 2010 - 01:30 PM.