#1 bliss007

bliss007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

Today program update downgrades 8.1.3 to 8.1.2. :D

Edited by bliss007, 18 December 2009 - 06:02 PM.

#2 MRFREEZE

MRFREEZE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

Seems that yesterday - after running an update - I was upgraded to 8.1.3. Today after running the update -
they seemed to have backed it out - as now I am running 8.1.2 again.

As we all know - LavaSoft has not been the best at "QA'ing" their software -as they seems to prefer beta testing their changes
on the whole user community.

This backout is another classic example - as to why "definition" updates should be separated from "Software" Upgrades.

I for one am tired of having LavaSoft slip in these upgrades when I am checking for definition updates.

Given LavaSoft's track record (for those of you that have been around for a while) - Lavasoft - absolutely should not be

given Carte Blanche access to your system - to change their software at their will.

Doug
Windows® Vista® Ultimate SP2 64-bit {EN}
Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9400 (2.66Ghz - 1333Mhz FSB)
Memory: 4GB (DDR2 SDRAM @ 800Mhz)

#3 bliss007

bliss007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

:D

#4 visitor

visitor

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2855 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

"definition" updates should be separated from "Software" Upgrades. Lavasoft - absolutely should not be given Carte Blanche access to your system - to change their software at their will.

Maybe a temporary glitch - manual download of the core.zip definition file is 149.115 from Dec 15. Although the GUI Web Update usually works OK, the manual definition download has been problematic for a while now. Since 8.1.3 was just released, maybe they're fine-tuning it. It's already after-hours in Sweden, so I'll see what happens on Monday before reporting it.

Doug, you should turn off auto-updates and manually download definitions. I'm still using my initial install of Anniversary Edition since it worked fine - the first thing I do with any program installation is turn off auto-updates. Now with the problem of the manual definitions download not getting updated, I have to download, then check the file date/size to make sure it's current before replacing, but at least nothing is done without my approval!

Edited by visitor, 18 December 2009 - 07:35 PM.

Before posting, please read the pinned topics atop the forums or check the Lavasoft searchable FAQs.

Lavasoft Support for Plus/Pro paid licenses.

Help fight malware! Upload Suspicious Files to Lavasoft.

Malware removal assistance? Please read this first.
After following the instructions, open a new thread in the HijackThis Forum where you can copy/paste your HJT log.
Note: do not bump HJT threads by replying - volunteer security advisors help the 0 reply threads on a first-come, first-served basis.

#5 cootmaster

cootmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:57 PM

my laptop says 812 is UPDATE!!
but i know my desktop is 813
how do i update it
how can 812 be up to date

**SWEET MELODY**

#6 cootmaster

cootmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

ok fixed :)

**SWEET MELODY**

#7 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

Valued Member and HJT Analyst

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1082 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

ok fixed

Thanks for confirming cootmaster :)
PM for support will not be answered, please post in the appropriate forum, thank you.

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users