• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 akadios

akadios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that after getting this bug and trolling the forums for an answer only to see there was none I started playing around. I found a solution and its quite simple:

-Run install
-Select your language
-Agree to the terms but instead of clicking continue select the customize install option.
-Open your C drive and create the folder C:\adaware
-then change the install directory to "C:\adaware\" and ALSO change the program folder to "adaware"
-click next and do not select to install the driver
-after install goto the C:\adaware\Ad-Aware\Drivers\ directory select your operating system (32 or 64 bit) right click lbd.inf and select install
-a window pops up telling you to restart, do so...

2343 bug = squashed.

(Obviously there is still a bug with the installer that needs to be tracked down and fixed by lavasoft but this is a work around)

PS: if anyone wants to take the time to re-write this with pictures and what not feel free I just wanted to get the work around out there.

Also I hope knowing this work around will help lavasoft figure out what is actually going wrong for so many customers :P.

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:31 PM

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post this workaround. I will add it to the current workarounds thread we have as it may well help lots of people.

FYI, I imagine that your workaround would work no matter what the other folder name is. Also, did you ever try installing without the driver before changing the installation folder?

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#3 akadios

akadios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:17 AM

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post this workaround. I will add it to the current workarounds thread we have as it may well help lots of people.

FYI, I imagine that your workaround would work no matter what the other folder name is. Also, did you ever try installing without the driver before changing the installation folder?

Casey

When it gave me a choice I did both and it didn't work. (It would only give me the choice after running the windows installer cleaner that was linked to from one of the other threads) NOTE: I also tried reinstalling the windows installer. I can tell you the issue started when I installed the first time and when it told me I needed to restart right then I clicked cancel because I was in the middle of something. After that the problem existed until the work around I hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users