• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pxmv

pxmv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

I downloaded the "Ad-Aware Installation Wizard" w/o any problems, but when I click to install, I get:

"Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC90.ATL,version="9.030729.1"publicKeyToken=1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32". Please refer to Help and Support for more information." Ad-Aware setup cannot continue. "

What can I do to get this to install? Help. I'm not good with computers (obviously).

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

Hi,

I've done a bit of research and found that VC90.ATL belongs to the C++ runtime which Ad-Aware uses during installation.

So what I would suggest you do is to uninstalll any C++ runtime you have (check your add/remove programs) and then install the latest version from here: http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

Hopefully, Ad-Aware's installation will then be able to run.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

#3 pxmv

pxmv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for your reply. In my original post, I forgot to mention that I get the 1935 error first, followed by a second error. When the Adaware install tried to download the latest C++ 2008, I get an 'An error occurred during setup: Installation failed.' I've tried going to directly to the link you provided and downloading from there, but I get the same msg.

I tried downloading the C++ 2005 (only as a test and have since removed it), and that downloaded w/o any problems.

Anything else I could try to get this to work? I'm running Vista, if that makes a difference (?).

#4 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:00 PM

Hmmm.

Well my opinion would be to contact Microsoft since this is obviously a problem with the installation of the C++ distributable which has then affected the installation of Ad-Aware.

Alternatively, try doing some research online to see if you can solve the problem.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but it's outside of my area of expertise!

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users