1 reply to this topic

#1 guzziman

guzziman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

Hi,

Is anyone able to offer me guidance to sort a small problem I have?

I have my settings set to "Download and install updates automatically" and "Get updates automatically" and yet Ad-Aware AE is not automatically downloading updates. I can, however, download them by clicking on "Web update"manually.

i.e. When I looked at the main status today, the 14th of May, it showed the last update as 10th of May, which is when I last manually downloaded updates. I clicked on "Web update" and definitions files 148-27, 148-28, 148-29 and 148-30 were immediately downloaded.

When I first upgraded to Ad-Aware AE it was downloading updates automatically, but I had to have my PC rebuilt after that and since then Ad-Aware has not been downloading the updates automatically. I have nothing entered in the "Proxy" area, but don't believe I need to, as I am a home user with no server.

I also have AVG anti-virus installed and this is still automatically downloading updates every day, so the computer rebuild hasn't been responsible for a problem there.

I run Windows XP Home SP3. Not sure whether they are needed or not, but other details are: AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual Core processor 5200+, 1.9Gb RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE.

Regards,
Guzziman

#2 casey_boy

casey_boy

Volunteer Helper/Moderator

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3565 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:17 AM

Hi,

Which version are you using? Pro/plus/free?

Could you please check the Windows Scheduler to see if the task is scheduled and when it was last run? To open Scheduled Tasks, click Start, click All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Scheduled Tasks.

Look for Ad-Aware Updates and double click on it. You should then be able to see the data.

Casey

If I have been helping you and I do not reply within 48hours, feel free to send me a PM.

* My Website * Malware Removal Help * If you'd like to say thanks *Lavasoft Customer Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users