• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jboyer7

jboyer7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

MODEDIT GoddersUK: (merging posts to move to HJT Forum, original thread at http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=22668):

I have a redirectly malware on my computer and I know you need to run the most current version of adaware before you post your hijack log but as I said I cannot get the most current version updated.

MODCOMMENT: He has now manually updated defs

Well, I have ran Avast and the most current version of adaware and now I lost my browser connection. I look at my network connection and everything things in order but when I open a web browser it says there is no connection.

Running XP

My hijacklog is attached. In addition, I am worried that avast might have taken a windows file that caused it. However, I am getting a sprtscmd.exe error which I read is sometimes used to hide malware.

MODEDIT GoddersUK: (merging posts to move to HJT Forum):

Another item that may help, AIM logs in and then promptly loses connection.

Attached Files

Edited by GoddersUK, 06 January 2009 - 03:44 PM.
Mod.Edit GoddersUK; Combined posts so I can move it to HJT Forum

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 4092 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

Hi,

Please don't attach your logs, but copy and paste them in the thread instead.

I notice from your log that there's more than 1 Antivirus installed. Norton/Symantec and Avast
Never install more than one Antivirus and Firewall! Rather than giving you extra protection, it will decrease the reliability of it seriously!
The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, your system may lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time.
Also because more than one Antivirus and Firewall installed are not compatible with eachother, it can cause system performance problems and a serious system slowdown.

So you have to make a decision here and keep the Antivirus you prefer and uninstall the other one.
Then reboot after uninstalling.

Also, I see you have Viewpoint installed...
Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This will change from what we know in 2006 read this article: http://www.clickz.co...cle.php/3561546
I suggest you remove the program now. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present.
  • Viewpoint
  • Viewpoint Manager
  • Viewpoint Media Player
Then, * Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow!---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.
DO NOT POST your problem or log in someone elses thread, even though you are having the same problems. This to avoid confusion. Start a new thread instead and someone will help you asap.
Bumping your thread won't help to receive help in a faster way, this since we always look at the posts with 0 replies first. If you bump your thread, we assume that someone is already helping you, so your thread may be ignored.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 4092 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank You !
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow!---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.
DO NOT POST your problem or log in someone elses thread, even though you are having the same problems. This to avoid confusion. Start a new thread instead and someone will help you asap.
Bumping your thread won't help to receive help in a faster way, this since we always look at the posts with 0 replies first. If you bump your thread, we assume that someone is already helping you, so your thread may be ignored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users