#1 Isaiah

Isaiah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:34 AM

Hello,

OS is XP Home Edition 2002 SP2

I have used Ad-adware SE and now Ad-adware 2007 for about 2-3 years now and they both worked fine. I tried to install 2008 today and I got an error message. It wouldn't install 2008 and it wouldn't uninstall 2007. Now I can't even run 2007 at all. I am not sure what will happen when I restart my computer. Hopefully nothing too bad. Anyways I have screen shot images of the errors but it won't let me upload a word doc file. So I will just type in the messages here:

"Error 1316. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\WIS0E6AB9FC76C2431B9C066C1CFFFEA8EB_7_0_1_2.MSI"

Then I get:

"Internal Error 2753.AAWLic.exe"

It then shuts down and I see "Installation ended prematurely because of an error"

I have also tried to uninstall 2007 from windows add/remove programs and by trying to do it manually per someone's previous message about how to do it. The problem is I don't see the uninstall files that they mention to use. I did shut down the aawservice.exe like someone suggested but that didn't allow me to install 2008 either. I also downloaded a clean file from LS CalamityJane's reply to someone and saved it to the desktop to try it that way and it still didn't work.

Actually I would like to put 2007 back on my computer until all these bugs get worked out of 2008 if that is possible. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know. But if 2008 is working fine for others, I wouldl like to get it working for me as well. I would appreciate any help that someone could give me. Thanks

#2 Txnnok

Txnnok

Ad-Aware 2008 Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:18 AM

The uninstaller is , start menu, lavsoft file,click on the file and it will open to few options plus the unistaller. Xp will look a little different.
start.gif

Edited by LS CalamityJane, 01 June 2008 - 05:47 PM.
Optimized image to reduce file size

Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 7 32bit, Vista Ultimate 64bit, Ultimate 32bit, Home Premium 32bit

#3 Dames Jiemer

Dames Jiemer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:21 AM

I can't uninstall 2007 either. i get the same internal error 2371 or whatever it is. it has me realy PO'd

Please help

#4 Txnnok

Txnnok

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:36 AM

If that doesnt work you can try this from another post.

QUOTE(LS CalamityJane @ May 21 2008, 04:45 PM)
Hello, any number of things can cause this error. It would really be better if you start your own new topic rather than all piling into this one thread. It is not a bug in Ad-Aware 2008, so if you are posting something to that effect it will be removed to avoid confusion.

We need to know what operating system you have, what specific error you received (a screenshot would be helpful) along with the full text description of the error report.

In some cases, there is a problem with the uninstaller (or it is missing). This can be due to using registry "cleaners" that target the uninstall file of Ad-Aware and remove it while you still have the program installed.

If the uninstaller does not exist or is causing a problem, try using this free utility from Microsoft:
Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
(the download link itself is about 1/3 of the way down that page) and it can sometimes help when programs having a problem uninstalling or with the Windows installer itself.)

Some other good suggestions for the uninstall problem are also listed here:
http://www.lavasofts...hp?showtopic=28

The "Not a Valid Win 32 application" could be anything from a corrupted installation package that did not fully download to malware running on the machine causing a failure. You need to post a new topic with as much info as possible and we especially need to know what operating system you are using.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Txnnok, 25 May 2008 - 02:29 AM.
the end of the quote looked like I was asking for information

Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 7 32bit, Vista Ultimate 64bit, Ultimate 32bit, Home Premium 32bit

#5 Dames Jiemer

Dames Jiemer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:04 PM

i get internal error 2739 when it is preparing to uninstall.

Attached Images

• 052408_0912_00_.jpg

#6 RalphMcD

RalphMcD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 01:09 AM

Hi all

I had the same problem with un-installing 2007 and the same error messages as Isaiah posted, I have to go along with a corrupt uninstall file in 2007.

Of course no one would know it was corrupted till one wanted to remove.

I logged into the Lavasoft Support Center web site and downloaded 2007.
Installed 2007 again and let it overwrite all files / same default path.
Then the uninstall worked perfectly.

Install 2008 – no problem.

Best regards

Edited by RalphMcD, 25 May 2008 - 01:11 AM.

#7 Txnnok

Txnnok

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:25 AM

Glad you got it going Ralph.

#8 Linux2009

Linux2009

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

Did that work with you, Isaiah?

#9 Isaiah

Isaiah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

Did that work with you, Isaiah?

No nothing I have tried is working. I don't have the uninstall file anymore. I don't know what happened to it. I have tried what LS Calamity Jane suggested from her earlier post and that didn't help either. Where do I get the files for 2007 and I can try to reinstall that one first, then uninstall it all again. Thanks

#10 Isaiah

Isaiah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

Hi all

I had the same problem with un-installing 2007 and the same error messages as Isaiah posted, I have to go along with a corrupt uninstall file in 2007.

Of course no one would know it was corrupted till one wanted to remove.

I logged into the Lavasoft Support Center web site and downloaded 2007.
Installed 2007 again and let it overwrite all files / same default path.
Then the uninstall worked perfectly.

Install 2008 – no problem.

Best regards

RalphMcD,
I don't have a paid account so I can't log in to the support center only this free forum. Is there a way to get the old 2007 files without having a paid account? I don't see that you can even download 2007 anymore, anywhere on the lavasoft website. Thanks

#11 Txnnok

Txnnok

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:39 AM

OK. here is a link to Adaware 2007. use it to uninstall your copy now. http://www.pcworld.c...escription.html
1.install 2007
2.reuninstall it
3.then download (save) 2008 to your desktop
4.install under administrator rights
then your done.

There is nothing to work out with adaware 2008. Millions of people are using 2008 just fine with no problems. The small pecentage you see here are the ones that have a program intefering with the install or with the application while it is running.
There is a reason you the uninstaller is not there. Are you running a registry cleaner such as CCleaner?

If for some reason this doesn't work here is an uninstaller, let me warn you this very powerful tool and needs to be used wisely. Read the help files and all the information before you use it. You might think about uninstalling after you use it. I probably will edit this post in a day or two and take it out, so write it down if needed.
http://www.pcworld.c...escription.html

Goodluck,hope it works

#12 Isaiah

Isaiah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:49 AM

OK. here is a link to Adaware 2007. use it to uninstall your copy now. http://www.pcworld.c...escription.html
1.install 2007
2.reuninstall it
3.then download (save) 2008 to your desktop
4.install under administrator rights
then your done.

There is nothing to work out with adaware 2008. Millions of people are using 2008 just fine with no problems. The small pecentage you see here are the ones that have a program intefering with the install or with the application while it is running.
There is a reason you the uninstaller is not there. Are you running a registry cleaner such as CCleaner?

If for some reason this doesn't work here is an uninstaller, let me warn you this very powerful tool and needs to be used wisely. Read the help files and all the information before you use it. You might think about uninstalling after you use it. I probably will edit this post in a day or two and take it out, so write it down if needed.
http://www.pcworld.c...escription.html

Goodluck,hope it works

Txnnok,
Thanks for the help but I am still having no luck. I did however download 2007 again successfully on my own yesterday and then tried to uninstall it from the program folder. It doesn't work. It uninstalls about half the files etc and then doesn't work right. So I have to reinstall 2007 again just to have something to use. I did that earlier and now the update button won't work. It shows an error message "SSL download failed" "Suggested Action: Run Webupdate". I don't know what this means or how to do it.
Also I looked at your recommended free uninstall program and don't think I will be doing that. The reason is I am not a computer programmer and it seems like you could really mess up your CPU if you don't know what you are uninstalling. I have played with my registry in the past trying to remove unwanted programs and it turned out very badly. I don't want to do that again. The uninstaller with the 2007 program is faulty and does not work right. I think something should be said to the Lavasoft programmers so they can put out a complete program remover tool so everything gets removed that is supposed to be removed. I didn't write this program so I wouldn't know what really needs to be removed or not.

PS I do have CCleaner and I have used it in the past, but not since I downloaded a new 2007.exe file and reinstalled the program. So to me this shouldn't be an issue, unless I am missing something here. Thanks for all the help.

#13 Txnnok

Txnnok

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:09 AM

At least we discovered CCleaner is the culprit behind the mssing uninstaller. Many other people have had the same problem, so dont feel alone. I used to use one from glarysoft. It never removed the uninstaller, but it would remove other important files, so if I ran a quick restore it would fail.
I hate that we cant get the 2008 going it does make a huge difference. i don't know if you read one my posts in another topic. I had like 70 infections with 2007 and then installed and ran 2008 and found over 200 and I deleted the other ones.
I've pretty much exhausted all I can do for you without getting you into your system. I am glad your wise enough to take the time to read about that uninstaller and not just run it. Its hard we lesson we learn testing programs we think help us. Ive had to install my OS from the beginning many times messing with computer.

Keep checking in I will put a link for some of LS staff to have a look.

Sorry and Goodluck

#14 Isaiah

Isaiah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:07 AM

At least we discovered CCleaner is the culprit behind the mssing uninstaller. Many other people have had the same problem, so dont feel alone. I used to use one from glarysoft. It never removed the uninstaller, but it would remove other important files, so if I ran a quick restore it would fail.
I hate that we cant get the 2008 going it does make a huge difference. i don't know if you read one my posts in another topic. I had like 70 infections with 2007 and then installed and ran 2008 and found over 200 and I deleted the other ones.
I've pretty much exhausted all I can do for you without getting you into your system. I am glad your wise enough to take the time to read about that uninstaller and not just run it. Its hard we lesson we learn testing programs we think help us. Ive had to install my OS from the beginning many times messing with computer.

Keep checking in I will put a link for some of LS staff to have a look.

Sorry and Goodluck

Txnnok,
Thank you for your time. In this day and age it is good to see that their are still some people out there that are trying to help someone without dipping into their pockets first. I will continue to check in and see if anyone else has a solution. I would really like to use 2008 but if not, I have no problem using 2007 for now. I was wondering however if the new rookkit program was part of the free 2008? I hope so. Thanks

#15 Txnnok

Txnnok

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:29 AM

Yes, it is and thankyou for the complement.

rootkit.gif

#16 Pierre67

Pierre67

Valued Member and Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:58 AM

Isaiah, what is your latest status. Do you still have AAW 2007 installed and is it working correctly at this stage? I will try and help you out of the hole you are in but may take a bit of patience.

I also run XP Home but have SP3 installed. That will not make any difference but at least we will be talking the same language in XP.

I will do some digging in the meantime as I have done this before with another poster but it has been archived on the forum. I will check my PC for any remnants I have kept. :)
regards, Peter.

I do NOT use Lavasoft Ad-Aware and do NOT work for Lavasoft. I just monitor the Forum from time to time.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!!

#17 Txnnok

Txnnok

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:30 PM

Ill have to track down the post where I got it from, but this utilty was used to uninstall SE,sucessfully. I think it was mainly design for those programs, but also can be used for other programs.

#18 Pierre67

Pierre67

Valued Member and Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:26 AM

I have found the link I used once before and may be of some help.

http://www.lavasofts...amp;#entry74783

This may not be the complete answer but just a start.
regards, Peter.

I do NOT use Lavasoft Ad-Aware and do NOT work for Lavasoft. I just monitor the Forum from time to time.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!!

#19 Isaiah

Isaiah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:17 PM

Isaiah, what is your latest status. Do you still have AAW 2007 installed and is it working correctly at this stage? I will try and help you out of the hole you are in but may take a bit of patience.

I also run XP Home but have SP3 installed. That will not make any difference but at least we will be talking the same language in XP.

I will do some digging in the meantime as I have done this before with another poster but it has been archived on the forum. I will check my PC for any remnants I have kept. B)

Pierre67,
Currently my status is I am still using AAW2007. When I try a fresh reinstall it works ok. I have it working good now. But when I tried to uninstall it, the uninstaller that comes with 2007 doesn't work for me for some reason, and this is after I have already reinstalled the good clean version from a website I got it from. What is wierd is it will also make using the install file I have saved on my desktop, not install the program again properly. I had to go back to the website I got it from originally and then download and save it again over the old installation file on my desktop. It is a real pain in the rear and I don't know what to do. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Edited by Isaiah, 04 June 2008 - 09:52 PM.

#20 Isaiah

Isaiah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:46 PM

I have found the link I used once before and may be of some help.

http://www.lavasofts...amp;#entry74783

This may not be the complete answer but just a start.

Pierre67,
I read through the thread you posted the link for but his problem was for a language issue. However I did have the same issue when I tried to uninstall 2007 the first time and then did a system restore to try and get the files back. It loaded a corrupt 2007 from the restore, and my language was Spanish and English didn't even show up as an option for me. I had to find a good 2007 installation file from Majorgeeks.com and then it worked again just fine.

I really don't want to have to manually make any registry changes and I will tell you why. I tried to do that when I wanted to get rid of Norton Anti-virus and it totally screwed up my whole system. I had the black screen of death when I tried to load up the computer again. I didn't know what to do so I had to pay $150 or more to have someone fix my system again. All they could do was load my restore disks and I had to set everything up again. I really don't want to have to go through that again if I don't have to. I know you suggested using a registry back up program but I don't have any experience with that program and I can't be without my computer for weeks again if that doesn't work right for some reason. Why doesn't Lavasoft just put out a complete removal tool for AAW2007? Then all we would have to do is run it and it should remove all traces of 2007, like when I had to run my Nortan removal tool.

I am not trying to be a pain but I don't have much confidence in my computer toubleshooting skills if I get the black or blue screen of death again. Let me know if you could find anything else to try or if maybe LS CalamityJane could help with this issue? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users