• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tulane Student

Tulane Student

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:24 PM

Yesterday was the first day that I was no longer able to download definition updates for my Ad-Aware SE Pro. After further reading these blogs, it appears that I have to switch over to the 2007 Pro version... is that correct?

My Ad-Aware SE Pro software was provided by my University (Tulane) free of charge. Tulane must hold a group license for the software, but I do not have any specific registration information. I checked on my university's IT website and they are still offering the SE Pro version. How do I go about switching versions?

Thanks - Tulane Student

#2 Raziel v. Nosgoth

Raziel v. Nosgoth

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

Hi TS :D
just sent you a pers. mess. with further advice.
Go and have look to 'My Controls/Inbox'.
I think this is appropriate way, so I'll close for now.
Cheerio
Raziel :)
vae victis
( morituri te salutant )

#3 LS Digger Barnes

LS Digger Barnes

Forum demigod

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

Yesterday was the first day that I was no longer able to download definition updates for my Ad-Aware SE Pro. After further reading these blogs, it appears that I have to switch over to the 2007 Pro version... is that correct?

My Ad-Aware SE Pro software was provided by my University (Tulane) free of charge. Tulane must hold a group license for the software, but I do not have any specific registration information. I checked on my university's IT website and they are still offering the SE Pro version. How do I go about switching versions?

Thanks - Tulane Student

Rregarding the license, you need to contact the University IT Staff or whoever is registered for the group license and ask them to provide you with access to support center or ask them to contact general support.
We only give support to a valid license holder and we need to confirm this by getting the purchase data or the customer data.

See template answer for the update problem:

An old problem with our definition file updating service for Ad-Aware SE have resurfaced. It relates to customers using certain Internet Service Providers. The problem produces the Ad-Aware SE warning: "Error retrieving updates" when performing a webupdate.

To resolve the issue, first uninstall your previous version of Ad-Aware SE.
Secondly, log into the Support Center and download the NEW installation file.
http://www.lavasoft..../supportcenter/

Download and begin the installation process.
When the installation is complete, open Ad-Aware and "check for updates", update to the latest definitions file.

(Note: Make sure that you have configured your firewall or any other security programs to allow Ad-Aware SE network access. If necessary, you can temporarily turn off your firewall, but be sure to turn it on again after you have updated the Definitions File.)

Note:
Lavasoft have stopped supporting Ad-Aware SE. We recommend all our users to upgrade to Ad-Aware 2007.
However, we still update the definitions file for Ad-Aware SE Plus/Professional and provide customer service for valid license holders.
We have stopped updating Ad-Aware SE Personal since Dec 31, 2007.
Please see this post: http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=16176

Kind regards,

Lavasoft Support Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users