• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 siljaline

siljaline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:15 PM

Is LS still maintaining their position about expiring the SE build at the end of the year?

Silj

#2 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:17 PM

Hi siljaline,

Thanks for posting on the forums. Your question and our answers may help someone else wondering the same :)

Yes, SE is due to expire at the end of the year.
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

#3 siljaline

siljaline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for the kind and rapid reply, Jane :)

Silj

#4 IndustryCan

IndustryCan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:38 PM

Hi siljaline,

Thanks for posting on the forums. Your question and our answers may help someone else wondering the same :)

Yes, SE is due to expire at the end of the year.

Hi Jane,

When you say SE is to expire at the end of the year, does this simply mean no more general support ( questions / version updates, etc ) or more importantly also NO MORE SE1R2xx series definition files for Ad-Aware SE ???

Thanks ! :mellow:

#5 siljaline

siljaline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:37 PM

My query has already been answered, a bit of a bummer, though.

Best regards for Holiday Season Posted Image

Silj

#6 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:52 PM

Hi Jane,

When you say SE is to expire at the end of the year, does this simply mean no more general support ( questions / version updates, etc ) or more importantly also NO MORE SE1R2xx series definition files for Ad-Aware SE ???

Thanks ! ;)

Hi IndustryCan,

Correct. No more updates past 31 Dec 2007 for Ad-Aware SE. All SE users should be switching now to Ad-Aware 2007 if you haven't already done that yet.

The subforums for SE will also be going away shortly thereafter.
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

#7 IndustryCan

IndustryCan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:53 PM

Hi IndustryCan,

Correct. No more updates past 31 Dec 2007 for Ad-Aware SE. All SE users should be switching now to Ad-Aware 2007 if you haven't already done that yet.

The subforums for SE will also be going away shortly thereafter.

Hi Jane,

This was not the answer I was hoping for but thank you for confirming.
There is no way that we will have completed the engineering, testing and deployment of an antispyware solution to 6000 users across Canada in time for Dec 31 2007. We will have to maintain our weekly scanning with the same old obsolete definitions file until resources are available to put a new package in place.

I have to admit I am surprised with the short notice. Not too many companies stop supporting an older version of their product only 6 months after a new version is released. I am pretty sure that upper management will not be pleased with Lavasoft's decision and may be renewing 6000 licenses with another software company...

Thanks again.

#8 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:38 PM

Hi again,

I didn't realize you were asking about the Enterprise version. I don't think that deadline would apply for enterprise because the 2007 version of that one isn't even released yet. Let me find out how they plan to handle updates for those and I'll reply back here. Or you can also contact the Support Team and ask them directly

Support Center

#9 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:01 PM

Here is the answer for what is expiring and what is not.

No official release date yet on the Enterprise version, so early next year or first quarter 2008 may be the best we can estimate for final release for Enterprise Customers. You WILL still be able to receive updates for the SE Enterprise for some time to come - that will NOT expire Dec 31.

We will only stop supporting SE Personal at the new year. Plus and Professional users (and hence also Enterprise customers) will still be able to retrieve definition updates.

Support Center

#10 IndustryCan

IndustryCan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:30 PM

Here is the answer for what is expiring and what is not.

No official release date yet on the Enterprise version, so early next year or first quarter 2008 may be the best we can estimate for final release for Enterprise Customers. You WILL still be able to receive updates for the SE Enterprise for some time to come - that will NOT expire Dec 31.

We will only stop supporting SE Personal at the new year. Plus and Professional users (and hence also Enterprise customers) will still be able to retrieve definition updates.

Hello again Jane,

Thank you so much for bringing our hopes up, but before we take out the champagne, I would like to clarify some of the details of our situation. I am not sure that we are indeed "Enterprise customers" as you are implying. We have been using the Ad-Aware SE Plus 1.04 version since Spring of 2005 without issues. Whether or not our licensing configuration has escalated to the "Enterprise" level is unknown to me.

My utmost concern lies in this question: On January 1st 2008, will we still be able to download the latest antispyware definitions file ( through our internally-engineered automated process ) from this very specific download site:

http://download.lava...public/defs.ref ??

If not, please provide a new link for us ASAP so we can re-engineer this task in time for the new year.

Secondly, you mentioned that ONLY support for the Personal version will cease when 2008 comes around, therefore no more definitions file updates for those using the Personal one. However, how will this be accomplished since the SE1R2XX definitions file series is applicable to all SE versions ( Personal, Plus and Pro ) ?

Thanks again for your valuable time and effort spent on this matter.
IndustryCan.

#11 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:03 PM

Hi again :)

Since we aren't the official support team here (this is just the forums for discussion), I would like for you contact the Support Team directly regarding your set up and how that's going to work for you, but yes - as was stated to me the Plus and Pro versions will still be able to update, however, I can't specify which location they will be located as that is just out of my area (Support Team will be able to tell you more and as the time grows closer what exact procedure you would need to take).

I assumed SE enterprise as that is what most large companies are using (Ad-Aware SE Enterprise comes with centralized console management for networks), although the SE Plus and Pro are also an option as I see you said you have your own internally engineered updater.

What we want to accomplish is to ensure that for your company setup your Ad-Aware versions will all still be able to update (they should) but that is a really old version (1.04).

Are you able to contact the Support Center?
http://www.lavasoft..../supportcenter/
Please specify either Enterprise or Commercial customer in the subject heading

If not, I'm also going to send you an email address to use to contact the Support Team via email and I'll also alert our Support Manager to take a look here and if he can help here or may prefer to contact you offsite via email he could send you contact information via the private message feature in these forums.

Support Center

#12 siljaline

siljaline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:27 PM

Go get 'em, Janie :)
Happy Holidays to you and family!

Silj

#13 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

Hi Silj!

Happy Holidays to you and yours as well :)

See how your question here opened the door for someone else to find answers? Well done :)

Support Center

#14 siljaline

siljaline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:57 PM

Hi Silj!

Happy Holidays to you and yours as well :)

See how your question here opened the door for someone else to find answers? Well done :)

Thanks, Janie - always happy to help, I must be one of oldest Ad-aware users and have much faith in the direction you folks are going - Bravo

Cheers!
silj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users