Photo

Errors Messages In Adaware 2007 - Can't Use It!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fook

fook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

I downloaded Ad-Aware 2007 - more than once to try to correct the error messages. I continue to get multiple error messages.
1st error message: as the program loads, I get "Ad-Aware 2007 Service has encountered a problem and needs to close..."
2nd message: "Service error: 6000 has occurred. Description: Lost connection with Ad-Aware service. Termiinating gracefully...."
3rd error message: "Cannot connect to web update server. Server is busy."

Ad-Aware will not even open.

As I said, I've re-downloaded to try to resolve the problems.

I'm stuck. What next?

Oh, my system: Windows XP, computer is a Dell XPS 400.

fook

#2 dugFresh

dugFresh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:50 PM

i get the same problems, on both of my computers..

i tried deleting everything that was related to lavasoft, even in the registry.

i haven't seen a fix for this yet.

#3 sourdoughjim

sourdoughjim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:40 AM

I have encountered a very similar problem when trying to install AdAware 2007 (paid) version 7.0.1.3 on a computer running Windows XP Home Edition with service pack 2 build 2600.

Near the end of the installation program (I think when it's trying to start AdAware as I get the same errors when trying to start it as well) I get an error box with the following text:

aawservice.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occured in the application at location 0x0044a1c2.

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I also got:

Cannot connect to web server.
Server is busy.

Service error: 6000 has occurred.
Description: Lost connection with Ad-Aware service.
Terminating gracefully.

I had the same problem when trying to install the free version last week.

#4 JoeNC

JoeNC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:07 AM

Same error 6000 here. Windows XP Pro 5.1.2600, just downloaded ad-aware (free version) tonight. Someone in another thread mentioned Canon printers possibly being involved in the problem. I do have a driver installed on this machine for a Canon S9000.

#5 zappata

zappata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:53 AM

Ihad the same problem and solved it by getting a refund and deleting the program from my system. In another month or so the program will hopefully be debugged. In the meantime just use the older version.

#6 cuggie

cuggie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:47 AM

Same Service Error: 6000 for me too. New computer - Vista ect. I had no problems with the Ad-Aware Beta.
I hope they get it figured out soon.
Cuggie

#7 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:57 AM

Hello All,

The LS Devs are aware of the 6000 error issue, and it is being investigated - see this Topic: http://www.lavasofts...?showtopic=9661

(@JoeNC: Yes, that is the thread where Canon is mentioned).

Regards,

Spike

NB: For those running XP - during beta-testing, if I received the "service terminating gracefully" message, I ran "services.msc", highlighted the aawservice and clicked on Re-Start. Quite often that restarted the service again for me. Currently running AAW 2007 Pro, without any problems (except that irritating icon-blinking - due to be addressed in a coming update).

#8 fook

fook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:01 AM

In the meantime, I have uninstalled Ad-Aware 2007. Is it possible to download the older version of Ad-Aware so I have something running while this bug is getting fixed? I'm not really interested in all sorts of complicated work-arounds.

thanks,
fook

#9 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:33 AM

Hi fook,

Try this download link provided by winchester73: http://www.filehippo..._ad-aware/?2466

AAW_SE_1.06_link_at_filehippo.gif

AAW SE will continue to be supported for some months - sorry, can't tell you exactly how long for.

Regards,

Spike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users