• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 InfernoSB

InfernoSB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:31 AM

The message on the title appears after the Boot UI before loading into windows. I am guessing this refers to teh lavasoft delete (lsdelete.exe located in windows/system32) which isn't there. This showed up I think after the uninstall of AAW2007. Is there anyway to get rid of this msg or fix this issue? I've reinstalled and uninstalled and still appears. Any suggestion to address the issue would be helpful. Thank you.

#2 ljc

ljc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:47 AM

The message on the title appears after the Boot UI before loading into windows. I am guessing this refers to teh lavasoft delete (lsdelete.exe located in windows/system32) which isn't there. This showed up I think after the uninstall of AAW2007. Is there anyway to get rid of this msg or fix this issue? I've reinstalled and uninstalled and still appears. Any suggestion to address the issue would be helpful. Thank you.

Here is a summary of steps I found on the Net - which I have tried, and they worked for me:

After Ad-Aware 2007 is uninstalled via Add or Remove Programs . . .

1.) Click on the Start button, then click on the start menu item called 'Run'

2.) In it's text field type in REGEDIT, and click on the OK button

3.) In the Registry Editor, on the File Menu bar click on Edit, then on Find, and type in BootExecute (and search for it)

4.) Once BootExecute is located, and selected (highlighted), on the File Menu bar click on Edit, then Modify

5.) In the Value Data box, manually delete ONLY the entry called: autocheck lsdelete
(Note: Do NOT change any other AUTOCHECK information)

6.) Exit the Registry Editor

7.) Restart the computer and all will be back to normal

* It is always a good idea to first make a backup of the registry, before making any changes to it. *

Laurence

#3 SteveJ

SteveJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:53 PM

Laurence, did you do an Ad-Aware scan which required you to reboot, and then you uninstalled Ad-Aware before rebooting?

(just a theory)

//Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users