5 replies to this topic

#1 polygon

polygon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:18 PM

i am not by any means an expert computer user which is why i chose to use ad aware se from lavasoft because of its ease of use however i have been waiting with anticipation for the release of ad aware 2007 and downloaded it on june 7th only to discover that i cannot instal it no matter what i do i have uninstalled my old version (ad aware se) i have also removed all instances of it using regedit all to no avail i am running windows xp sp2 and have never had a problem like this before i have for the moment given up on trying to instal this program and as of now do not have any lavasoft programs installed if someone can give me a way of installing ad aware 2007 i would be most grateful i am at this moment at my wits end!!

#2 Oldfrog

Oldfrog

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:32 PM

Error 1722 is not an Ad-Aware error, but rather the MSI installer from our friends at Microsoft. This has affected other products as well.

See this for some ideas on solving it.
MS MVP Windows Security 2006-2008

#3 jeanbal

jeanbal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:42 PM

Hello

or here

<http://www.lavasofts...showtopic=9586>

#4 polygon

polygon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

Error 1722 is not an Ad-Aware error, but rather the MSI installer from our friends at Microsoft. This has affected other products as well.

tried all of the above drove myself absolutely mad with it (i do of course appreciate the fact you took the time to try to help me out) but i think i will never get the program (ad aware 2007 free) to instal and i think i will therefor look elsewhere for an adware program that will install!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Paul - CT

Paul - CT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

Worked for me.. thanks so much! :D

#6 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

FYI, The information on how resolve the 1722 error has now been added to the FAQ page here:
http://www.lavasoft...._aaw2007.php#13

I'll go ahead and archive this topic in the "Resolved" section. For anyone having similar issues, please follow the FAQ steps first in the link above. If you still have a problem, feel free to post a new topic.
Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users