1 reply to this topic

#1 alexttlyrocks

alexttlyrocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:55 AM

hey,
I want to become a beta tester, but I noticed in the agreement it says that lavasoft is not responsible for and damages to your computer...I would like to know what the chances are that something like that will actually happen to my computer...will someone plz help me out on this question...

#2 LS CalamityJane

LS CalamityJane

Former Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8814 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:17 AM

We don't recommend beta testing on your primary production computer. Use only a test machine for beta testing. Why? Beta means it isn't finished yet and bugs and problems can expected.

Here is the full disclosure for your information

By participating in the Lavasoft Beta Test Program for Applications, I understand and agree to the following:

I understand that this is a beta program.

I understand that a beta version of an application file is a program that is still in development and is published solely for testing purposes.

I understand that the beta program is licensed "as is". Lavasoft AB makes no, and hereby expressly disclaims all, warranties, express, implied, statutory, or otherwise with respect to the software, including non-infringement and the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.

I agree that Lavasoft AB shall not be liable for any damages to me or any other party in connection with this beta program, whether arising out of contract or from tort, including loss of data, profits or business or other special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages, even if Lavasoft AB has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages. Lavasoft AB's cumulative liability in connection with this beta program shall not exceed the license fee paid, if any, for use of this software/Detection Database and documentation. This section shall survive termination of this License.

I understand and agree that as a beta tester for Lavasoft, my e-mail will be automatically registered on the beta tester mailing list.

Please do NOT send Private Messages to Staff or helpers to request assistance! We do not give a personal support via PM The way to request help is to post a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate forum.

Look for the *New Topic* Button near the top right when viewing the forums.

Here in the forums, replies are posted to topics only. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Plus and Pro Ad-Aware users (only) may use the Support Center for personal assistance:
Support Center

Microsoft MVP/Windows - Security 2003-2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users