• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Russell1

Russell1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

I've done six fresh installs of Windows XP Pro for the past year. I've been updating Ad-Aware SE every time it has an update available, but unfortunately Ad-aware hasn't found squat since I've install it and been doing it's updates. I leave my computer on (Not my laptop, that's turned off at night) 24/7 and my computer has been screwed up every six months yet ad-aware hasn't found anything for the past year. All it finds is "Internet cache (Cookies) and recent files, yet never finds elexa, eula, ezula, maleware or any other kind of spyware that hangs around in computers. Are Ad-Aware's updates legit or are they the same updates but named differently? I haven't found any progress or increase in the performane of Ad-aware SE personal since I downloaded it last year.
Russell

#2 dmoe

dmoe

Former LS employee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

Hello Russel

Yes the definitions file are legit, we have a team of researchers working full time to add detection and removal of infections. Perhaps your installation of Ad-Aware is not working, what was the source of your system troubles, did you get any clue to what it might have been?

Daniel, Lavasoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users