• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hueske

hueske

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

First of all I am not a computer savy person. I had Adaware personal installed by a gentleman that fixed my computer. I opened the program to use and it started out scanning and then stopped "responding" at around 87000 files at a file "typelib\{f49526A8-5BE9-4AEA-9F6A-576F32FACD5C}. I mention the file because it comes up repeatedly when I try to scan and the program stops responding.
I thought that the program may be out of date so I downloaded new data and the same file comes up when the program stops responding. I then downloaded (and paid for) Adaware SE Plus (figuring that maybe I nededed a subscription). Smae thing happens...the program stops responding and at the above mentioned file. ;)

#2 hueske

hueske

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:47 PM

I read a post by Spike-nz and followed recommendations he posted to Calamity Jane (?). None of these steps helped my problem. Also went into my "General" Settings (cog) tweak settings and deselected "Unload recognized processes & modules during scan"...still not help and it still stops at the same file! ;)

#3 hueske

hueske

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

First of all I am not a computer savy person. I had Adaware personal installed by a gentleman that fixed my computer. I opened the program to use and it started out scanning and then stopped "responding" at around 87000 files at a file "typelib\{f49526A8-5BE9-4AEA-9F6A-576F32FACD5C}. I mention the file because it comes up repeatedly when I try to scan and the program stops responding.
I thought that the program may be out of date so I downloaded new data and the same file comes up when the program stops responding. I then downloaded (and paid for) Adaware SE Plus (figuring that maybe I nededed a subscription). Smae thing happens...the program stops responding and at the above mentioned file. sad.gif
User is online!Profile CardPM

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
V Full Edit
V Quick Edit
hueske
post Jan 13 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,379

I read a post by Spike-nz and followed recommendations he posted to Calamity Jane (?). None of these steps helped my problem. Also went into my "General" Settings (cog) tweak settings and deselected "Unload recognized processes & modules during scan"...still not help and it still stops at the same file! mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users