Photo

Offline Installation (Ad-aware SE Personal)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paucolpitts2

paucolpitts2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:46 PM

Hi,

I'd like to run the Ad-Aware install on an offline computer. Can I use the regular install download to do this, or does the installation require an internet connection?

(Of course, the computer USED to have an internet connection which is why I need to run Ad-Aware...?)

Cheers,

Paul

#2 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:13 AM

Hi paucolpitts2,

Yes, you can install the program offline, but would need to update your Definition File to the latest one, SE1R125 06.10.2006.

I presume that you have access to an online system, since you are posting here.

To do a manual update , follow Luisfer's advice in another Topic:

If the first 2 methods do not work, then you should try a manual update.
Update the definition file by downloading the zipped definition from http://updates.ls-se...public/defs.zip
Unzip this file and you will get a "defs.ref" file. This file should be copied to "c:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE\" (the folder name will changed depending on if you have pro / plus / free)
Now load Ad-Aware. If the definition file is still showing your old one, then click on the settings icon (the cog wheel), then click "General". At the bottom right, there is a box saying "Using Definition File". Click the "Open file" icon next to that box and then browse to the definition file in "c:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE\" (the folder name will changed depending on if you have pro / plus / free) Select it and press open. You should now have the latest version

Try it and let us know if an Ad-Aware scan clears out all your problems.

Regards,

Spike

#3 paucolpitts2

paucolpitts2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hey,

Thanks for your help. I did what you suggested and ran Ad-Aware with no problems. It really helped clean up the computer.

Thanks again,

Paul

#4 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:01 PM

Hi paucolpitts2,

Glad to help :P

Regards,