• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Katspau

Katspau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:59 PM

I hope I am posting in the correct place...if not somone will certainly let me know (I assume).

I recently got stormed by a host of undesireable little bugs and while attempting to use Ad-Aware encountered the 'system shuting down' problem mentioned in another post. The first suggested fix worked wonderfuly and I was able to isloate and eliminate 63 pests. Unfortunetly one still remains.

While bumbling around prior to comming here I discovered a nasty little program that pops up undesireable adds and periodicaly redirects my browser. The program is located in C:\Program Files\Deluxe Communications.....and is named DXC.exe. There are also 2 associated .dll files and all are undeleateable. There may be others I have not been able to identify but I do not know how to trace program and file linkages (unfortunately).

I believe they have hooked into explorer.exe and probably a couple of other services/functions so that no matter what I keep getting the message that they are being used by other programs when I try and delete them.

I would greatly appreciate any help, feel free to send me an e-mail if that is more appropriate than posting this here. Also I would be glad to upload these for evaluation if any of the moderators think they are appropriate candidates.

Hopefuly yours,
Katspau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users