#1 enquirer

enquirer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:28 AM

untitled.gif

Dear LS SteveJ

I refer to the following message posted by you previously.

I Am Unable To Uninstall My Ad-aware Program. I Get The Message "can't Find Install.log"

Apr 6 2006, 11:30 AM

If you wish to remove our product, try these alternatives:

1. Click "uninstall Ad-Aware" in the lavasoft folder of your start menu

2. If it does not work, open your control panel, click add/remove programs and locate Ad-Aware SE

3. If it still does not work, locate and run (double-click) the file "unwise.exe" (the .exe might not be shown). It should be found in C:\program files\lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE [Personal/Plus/Professional]\

If that does not work, or if you get a message saying something like "Can't find Install.log," perform a manual uninstall, which is not a very difficult procedure. Do the following:

1. Click on "my computer" and navigate to your Lavasoft Ad-Aware folder (C:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware \

2. Run the file unregaaw.exe

3. Delete the entire ad-aware folder

4. Delete your Lavasoft Ad-Aware link in your start menu (if present)

5. Delete the Ad-Aware icon(s) from your desktop(if present)

6. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Lavasoft and delete the entire Lavasoft folder.

7. Empty your trash bin

8. Reboot.

I have followed your methods to do the uninstallation. Unfortunately, The "Ad-ware SE Personal" is still detected installed on my PC. The reason why I need to unistall "Ad-ware SE Personal" is because it is found imcompatible to "Mcafee Virus Scan Plus". As a result, I wonder whether you may suggest other methods to uninstall the software completely. Attached image is for your reference. Your reply woud be highly appreciated.

#2 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:40 AM

Hi enquirer,

I have answered your duplicate post here: unable to uninstall Ad-aware SE Personal completely

If you are determined to let McAfee bully you into removing a legitimate program, try doing searches in your system for anything to do with Ad-Aware. Quite possibly, it could be a left-over registry entry that says that Ad-Aware has been/was loaded on your system.

Regards,

Spike

#3 Terri

Terri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:16 PM

I too am having a major dilemma with McAfee detecting leftover files from Ad Aware SE Personal, and absolutely refusing to install the Virus Scan portion of their 2007 software.

I've uninstalled, like the other poster, via the control panel "add/remove programs", as well as trying to manually search out and delete all files with reference to "Ad Aware" or "Lavasoft". I've reinstalled Ad Aware SE to insure that all the necessary files were in place. ..I even bought a registry cleaner and ran it just a while ago, and have rebooted... all to no avail!

The version of McAfee's virus protection prior to "Virus Scan Plus 2007" ran just fine alongside with Ad Aware SE for several years, but there is something in this new "wonderful package" that just won't work.

I'm stuck, as I had already paid for the online version back in the spring of this year, and because our download time is SO slow here, broke down and bought McAfee's CD, so I'm doubly invested and can't do a danged thing! : (

I was really hoping to find out the names of the files in this program so I could go through and pick them off one by one.

One thing is for sure, as bad as I hate Norton, McAfee has just leapt to the top of my list.

Please help, anyone, anywhere!

Terri

Hi enquirer,

I have answered your duplicate post here: unable to uninstall Ad-aware SE Personal completely

If you are determined to let McAfee bully you into removing a legitimate program, try doing searches in your system for anything to do with Ad-Aware. Quite possibly, it could be a left-over registry entry that says that Ad-Aware has been/was loaded on your system.

Regards,

Spike

#4 spike-nz

spike-nz

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Security Advisor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:21 PM

Hi enquirer & Terri,

See my post in this Topic (similar subject): Help me remove ad-aware se personal (temporarily), need removal tool

There is a link to a McAfee Forum Topic that contains regedit instructions to enable the removal of all traces of Ad-Aware. (As always, be very careful when using regedit).

Hope that this is of use to you,

Regards,

Spike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users