5 replies to this topic

#1 synchtw

synchtw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

Hi-

I am finding that your software is blocking the Curse application (https://www.curse.com/) from loading.  When I disable adaware antivirus, it loads just fine.  If adaware antivirus is enabled, however, the loading screen cycles indefinitely.

Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks.

#2 LS Andy

LS Andy

Lavasoft Staff/Forum Overlord

• Root Admin
  • 1625 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hi synchtw,

Thanks for your report. I haven’t been able to recreate the problem. When I visit curse.com it invites me to download the Twitch Desktop app, which, when I install, installs without any problems or alerts from Ad-Aware.

Can you describe the steps I need to take to recreate the problem?

Thanks,

Andy
Lavasoft Malware Lab

unsolicited@tenalia.com

#3 modelog1

modelog1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

I am having the same issue. The problem was stated in the first post. It has nothing to do with the website being blocked. The problem is when you go to start the Curse Forge application, the loading screen gets stuck in an infinite loop until the adaware software is turned off. Once the Adaware software is turned off, then the curse application loads almost immediately after. I don't like that I have to turn off a form of protection from virus and malware just to be able to play a certain game on my PC. If you need any more information regarding how to recreate this I will try to let you know anything else that I can. 

#4 LS Andy

LS Andy

• Root Admin
  • 1625 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

Hi,

In order to recreate the problem, I need to first install the application that Ad-Aware is interfering with.

Can you provide an exact link where I can download the application, or upload the installer here please?

Thanks,

Andy

Lavasoft Malware Lab

unsolicited@tenalia.com

#5 rickvoid

rickvoid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:50 PM

Hi,

I am also experiencing the problem above. The app in question is the newly re-named Twitch Desktop App (as Curse and Twitch have now merged), and can be found on here, with a direct link to the app here.

To be clear, neither this version, nor the previous version under the name Curse Launcher will successfully launch if Ad Aware is running. I had not yet updated to the Twitch App before starting this post, but I have now done so and can verify that the problem still exists.

Edited by rickvoid, Yesterday, 03:52 PM.

#6 LS Andy

LS Andy

• Root Admin
  • 1625 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 PM

Hi rickvoid,

Thanks for the additional information. If I've understood correctly, Ad-Aware isn't alerting that it has blocked files, rather, Ad-Aware appears to be conflicting with the Twitch app and stopping it from running:

Attached File  01 Error.png   680.16KB   0 downloads

.. and when you kill Ad-Aware, Twitch runs:

Attached File  03 Twitch success.png   571.31KB   0 downloads

I was able to recreate this and I've notified the development team about this for investigation. Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Andy

Lavasoft Malware Lab

unsolicited@tenalia.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users