Photo
- - - - -

Msi Transaction Owner Change Failed

adaware antivirus 12 msi change owner owner change failed installer stuck on done updater wont initiate

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nichole811559

nichole811559

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

After four days of "done" and a day of "Couldn't create process" (which was fixed by removing all other stray "UNINSTALLED" anti-virus program files from appdata and manually searching and deleting files from registry). Now I am back to "Done". I usually just close the installer after a few minutes of "done", then I rant and rage for a few minutes and start over with searching my computer for running processes that may be blocking the install. But I ended up leaving it for half an hour and "done" became "Msi Transaction Owner Change Failed".
I did notice this in previous Logs, I do not have those old logs, at the bottom of the log there were repeated (line after line for upwards of 20 entries) of the "msi transaction owner change failed".

I hope this link works for Ad-aware Antivirus, I have never used Dropbox but the file was too big to upload here.

Attached Files

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9767 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

Hi Nichole,

I've informed my contact person at adaware software (Lavasoft) that you've uploaded log files. Since there are many problems now it can take some time before they can reply to you.

#3 nichole811559

nichole811559

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

Hi Nichole,

I've informed my contact person at adaware software (Lavasoft) that you've uploaded log files. Since there are many problems now it can take some time before they can reply to you.

Thank you CeciliaB

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9767 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:39 PM

You're welcome :)

Unfortunately the weekend is almost here and then I won't receive any information until Monday.

#5 nichole811559

nichole811559

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

You're welcome :)

Unfortunately the weekend is almost here and then I won't receive any information until Monday.

No problem, I truly appreciate your efforts. :) I'll check in next week. Have a good weekend.

#6 Mumminator

Mumminator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 03:32 PM

Having the same problem.  Have been trying to do the install since it was released. Same error.  I get the orange bar 'installing updater done" message, but the bar doesnt go quite to the end. If I leave that alone for a while (read HOURS!)  a blue box pops up that says its done & click the blue box to 'complete the installation" which then proceeds to install the updater that just finished & gave me the blue box.  Its the same continuous loop & I'm getting dizzy.

is there any new info on this?

Thanks!

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9767 posts

Posted Today, 05:31 PM

No problem, I truly appreciate your efforts. :) I'll check in next week. Have a good weekend.

Sorry Nichole, but the Dropbox link doesn't work.

See https://www.dropbox.com/help/274 and https://www.dropbox.com/help/167

Having the same problem.  Have been trying to do the install since it was released. Same error.  I get the orange bar 'installing updater done" message, but the bar doesnt go quite to the end. If I leave that alone for a while (read HOURS!)  a blue box pops up that says its done & click the blue box to 'complete the installation" which then proceeds to install the updater that just finished & gave me the blue box.  Its the same continuous loop & I'm getting dizzy.

is there any new info on this?

Thanks!

Hi Mumminator,

I'm sorry, but my contact persons haven't been able to give me any information today.

Please, upload log files etc: http://www.lavasofts...port-a-problem/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adaware antivirus 12, msi, change owner, owner change failed, installer stuck on done, updater wont initiate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users