4 replies to this topic

#1 bworsnop

bworsnop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

Hello, 

I can't explain how frustrated I am but I;m gonna explain the best I can with what has just happened. 

Yesterday I thought I would install Ad aware once again which was fine.

Then all of a sudden it required an update. "Ad aware update Installer" It kept failing.

It then asked if i wanted top restart my computer which I did.

when it rebooted, I noticed it had completly wiped my 1TB HDD. 700GB worth of personal files, games, photos from my past over 15 years ....gone....deleted. Luckily I had a copy on another hard drive. 

I then spent HOURS today applying the copies back to the hard drive along with huge game files, which sucks because I have a slow connection. ( So this takes nearly 20 hours) 

I didn't think it was anything to do with Ad aware until I just tried to install it again and BOOM. I just lost EVERYTHING.

I've tried to recover some of it with a few different types of recovery software but most was lost. I have no idea why this has happend and I'm hoping theres an answer to why and mostly and answer to how I can recover these files ASAP. 

I'm pretty sure theres nothing wrong with my hard drive as I've restarted my PC countless times today. Surely it can't be coincidence that it's happened both times immediately after trying to install ad aware. 

Any information and help will be appreciated. 

Thanks!  :(

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9899 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

Hello, 

I can't explain how frustrated I am but I;m gonna explain the best I can with what has just happened. 

Yesterday I thought I would install Ad aware once again which was fine.

Then all of a sudden it required an update. "Ad aware update Installer" It kept failing.

It then asked if i wanted top restart my computer which I did.

when it rebooted, I noticed it had completly wiped my 1TB HDD. 700GB worth of personal files, games, photos from my past over 15 years ....gone....deleted. Luckily I had a copy on another hard drive. 

I then spent HOURS today applying the copies back to the hard drive along with huge game files, which sucks because I have a slow connection. ( So this takes nearly 20 hours) 

I didn't think it was anything to do with Ad aware until I just tried to install it again and BOOM. I just lost EVERYTHING.

I've tried to recover some of it with a few different types of recovery software but most was lost. I have no idea why this has happend and I'm hoping theres an answer to why and mostly and answer to how I can recover these files ASAP. 

I'm pretty sure theres nothing wrong with my hard drive as I've restarted my PC countless times today. Surely it can't be coincidence that it's happened both times immediately after trying to install ad aware. 

Any information and help will be appreciated. 

Thanks!  :(

Hi,

I understand that you're sad and angry.

Do you have several partitions, disks or SSD in the computer?

Was Windows gone too or only your personal files?

Could you still access the partition with your files or was the whole partition gone?

#3 mpre55

mpre55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:04 AM

Just updated to 12 on my laptop, and the same thing happened.  After update, my D drive was wiped clean.  All my files are gone.

#4 MPhilips

MPhilips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

I have the same problem, you can read about my experience in my thread.

EDIT: I found a solution. http://www.lavasofts...-help/?p=151792

Edited by MPhilips, 18 February 2017 - 07:16 PM.

• CeciliaB likes this

#5 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9899 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

Hi mpre55 and MPhilips,

I've replied to you in your own topics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wiped, hard drive, deleted, formated, update deleted, formatted hard drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users