• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Markoulis

Markoulis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

To whom it may concern, recently i received an email saying this : "Your Ad-Aware Pro Security license key will soon expire, leaving your computer unprotected.

The Ad-Aware Active Care Service that you are subscribed to, rather than letting your license key expire at the end of your 1 year subscription, will automatically renew it for 1 (one) more year, until the Service is terminated by you or Lavasoft.

By taking advantage of this service you authorize Lavasoft Ltd. to charge the credit card or debit card account provided by you at the moment of the original transaction, with the current renewal amount of 27.00 EUR (25% OFF of the current regular price plus applicable tax - does not cumulate with other special offers or discounts) and you authorize Lavasoft Ltd. and its billing providers to handle and transfer any necessary billing information related to this transaction.

Do nothing when you receive this notification email and your subscription will automatically be extended, 3 days prior to the expiration date.
If you do not want your subscription to be automatically renewed, you may cancel it at any time by clicking here or by contacting our Customer Service. In the situation where you did cancel the Service (following the above mentioned instructions) but we failed to disable the automatic renewal, we will refund the amount charged by applying a credit to your credit card or debit card account."

My Question now is: " How do i deactivate this service so that i wont have to pay this renewal? "

#2 LS Corina

LS Corina

Lavasoft Staff

• Administrators
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hi Markoulis,

I checked your accounts and see that the rebill has been cancelled.

Regards,

Corina

#3 edi1507

edi1507

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

Dear EDWARD TRAJDOS

Your Ad-Aware Pro Security license key will soon expire, leaving your computer unprotected.

The Ad-Aware Active Care Service that you are subscribed to, rather than letting your license key expire at the end of your 1 year subscription, will automatically renew it for 1 (one) more year, until the Service is terminated by you or Lavasoft.

By taking advantage of this service you authorize Lavasoft Ltd. to charge the credit card or debit card account provided by you at the moment of the original transaction, with the current renewal amount of 36.00 EUR (25% OFF of the current regular price plus applicable tax - does not cumulate with other special offers or discounts) and you authorize Lavasoft Ltd. and its billing providers to handle and transfer any necessary billing information related to this transaction.

Do nothing when you receive this notification email and your subscription will automatically be extended, 3 days prior to the expiration date.

If you do not want your subscription to be automatically renewed, you may cancel it at any time by clicking here or by contacting our Customer Service. In the situation where you did cancel the Service (following the above mentioned instructions) but we failed to disable the automatic renewal, we will refund the amount charged by applying a credit to your credit card or debit card account.

site does not work or does not turn on and you can not do anything

My Question now is: " How do i deactivate this service so that i wont have to pay this renewal?

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9626 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hi Edward,

I have invited my contact person at Lavasoft to the PM conversation you have started.

#5 rkellock

rkellock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:28 AM

Interesting that this is not provided as public information and the option to switch it off is far from visible!!

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9626 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:24 AM

Hi rkellock,

Note that this topic is more than two years old and the procedure might have changed. All subscription questions should be handled directly by Lavasoft support team and not in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users