• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Bucknastay

Bucknastay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

I'm having the same problem as Binell and Dario, but I'm on Windows 7 instead of XP and 8 respectively.  Any help would be appreciated, I've attached the respective files.

Attached Files

#22 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9913 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Hi Bucknastay,

Please, read (only read, not click anywhere):
http://www.systemloo...gerExt_dll.html
http://www.herdprote...67fc26c9ae.aspx

Do you have Kingsoft antivirus program installed?
It might be a conflict between that program and Ad-Aware, or maybe it's Spybot Search & Destroy..

I'll inform my contact person at Lavasoft.

#23 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9913 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

I'm having the same problem as Binell and Dario, but I'm on Windows 7 instead of XP and 8 respectively.  Any help would be appreciated, I've attached the respective files.

Hi again,

The attached fix will bring back Ad-Aware to Control Panel and you can uninstall it. Please, keep other antivirus programs disabled.

Please download the attached file and save it on your desktop.
Right-click it and select to extract its file.

Move the extracted AdAwareUpdater_win32_11.2.5952.0.msi to the folder C:\.

Start an elevated command prompt:
Start menu - All programs - Accessories
Right-click Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator".

Enter these commands (end each one with Enter):
cd \
msiexec /I AdAwareUpdater_win32_11.2.5952.0.msi INSTALLDIR_ROOT="c:\\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus"

Note!
The attached file and the instructions are only for 32 bit Windows 7. If used with other Windows versions, it might destroy something.

Attached Files

#24 Bucknastay

Bucknastay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:51 AM

It seems to have worked, thanks for your help Cecilia.  It's greatly appreciated.

#25 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9913 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

It seems to have worked, thanks for your help Cecilia.  It's greatly appreciated.

You're welcome, Bucknastay :)

I'm glad it's been resolved.

#26 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9913 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

To everyone, don't start deleting files when you want to uninstall Ad-Aware, you will only end up with a total mess.
  • Pierre67 likes this

#27 kawwa3

kawwa3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

I faced the same problem while trying to install ad-aware due to an unrelated BSOD in the middle of the first install. This thread helped me solve the problem, just wanted to say that I used a different command to be able to run the installer:

msiexec /uninstall AdAwareUpdater_x64_11.2.5952.0.msi

P.S.: sorry for bumping a somewhat old thread, just thought this could be useful to someone  :D 

• CeciliaB likes this

#28 ercapoccia

ercapoccia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

This worked for me with win7x64

Download http://downloadnada....reInstaller.msi and follow the istruction on post #06

msiexec /I AdAwareInstaller.msi INSTALLDIR_ROOT="c:\\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware Antivirus"

I wanted to uninstall so i did it twice, first selecting restore and then selecting uninstall

• Pierre67 and CeciliaB like this

#29 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9913 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

@ everyone:

Please, note that it's important to select "restore", and then uninstall Ad-Aware from Control Panel. If the msi file is used for uninstallation, only one of seven pieces of Ad-Aware will be uninstalled.

#30 kokogaems

kokogaems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:01 AM

@ everyone:

Please, note that it's important to select "restore", and then uninstall Ad-Aware from Control Panel. If the msi file is used for uninstallation, only one of seven pieces of Ad-Aware will be uninstalled.

Hi i have the same problem. I know how to delete apps, but this one is very tricky. 
I wanted to completly uninstall the program. I did it, at the last part its writed an error, but now its missing from uninstallable apps list. 
Now i have a half ad-aware installation 

If i click to the folder icon into my taskmgr to open my pc, its open an ad-aware installer, i cant delete this software its like a virus always come back. 

One thing i want to do, completly uninstall this software. 
I tried the solutions, but i got an error i have a newer version adaware try to uninstall it, but i cant. 
i have 11.12.945.9202 installation, and i cant figure it out how to uninstall i try this for weeks... 
Please help! 
THX!

#31 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9913 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:16 PM

Hi i have the same problem. I know how to delete apps, but this one is very tricky. 
I wanted to completly uninstall the program. I did it, at the last part its writed an error, but now its missing from uninstallable apps list. 
Now i have a half ad-aware installation 

If i click to the folder icon into my taskmgr to open my pc, its open an ad-aware installer, i cant delete this software its like a virus always come back. 

One thing i want to do, completly uninstall this software. 
I tried the solutions, but i got an error i have a newer version adaware try to uninstall it, but i cant. 
i have 11.12.945.9202 installation, and i cant figure it out how to uninstall i try this for weeks... 
Please help! 
THX!

Hi kokogaems,

Please, collect logs and other information by following the instructions in http://www.lavasofts...roubleshooting/ to let Lavasoft investigate your problem.

#32 kokogaems

kokogaems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

Hi kokogaems,

Please, collect logs and other information by following the instructions in http://www.lavasofts...roubleshooting/ to let Lavasoft investigate your problem.

Okay i done everything. 
I attached a pic what the program do right now. 
I really hope i can remove the program, couse now i feel like its a complett mess of files. 
Sorry for my bad English anyway... 

Attached Files

#33 kokogaems

kokogaems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:52 AM

Hi kokogaems,

So i cant delete this program? I dont want to reinstall Windows...

#34 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9913 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

So i cant delete this program? I dont want to reinstall Windows...

Sorry, but Lavasoft staff is very busy now during the beta test of version 12, but you will get help. Please be patient.

#35 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9913 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:25 PM

Okay i done everything. 
I attached a pic what the program do right now. 
I really hope i can remove the program, couse now i feel like its a complett mess of files. 
Sorry for my bad English anyway... 

The attached fix will bring back Ad-Aware to Control Panel. Please, keep other antivirus programs, firewalls etc. disabled.

Please download the attached file and save it on your desktop.
Right-click it and select to extract its file.

Locate the the extracted file AdAwareUpdater.msi.

Double-click the file to start the program. It will add Ad-Aware to the list of installed programs in Control Panel.

Please find Ad-Aware in that list and click on it.

Select Change and then Repair.

When the repair is done, you can select to uninstall Ad-Aware.

Note!
The attached file and the instructions are only for 64 bit Windows 7 and Ad-Aware 11.12. If used with other Windows or Ad-Aware versions, it might destroy something.

Attached Files

#36 Facucurien

Facucurien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

I have the same problem how can I solve it? Thank you!

#37 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9913 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

I have the same problem how can I solve it? Thank you!

Hi Facucurien,

Which version of Ad-Aware 11 do you have, e.g. 11.12, 11.15?

#38 kokogaems

kokogaems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Hi Facucurien,

Which version of Ad-Aware 11 do you have, e.g. 11.12, 11.15?

Please help me! I still have problems, I just can't rid od this program. I just want it to leave my PC forever, how can I delete it? I tried everything! Now I have error screens couse LavaSofttcpservice.dll... I just want to delete this program and all leftovers, please help me! 

#39 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9913 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

Please help me! I still have problems, I just can't rid od this program. I just want it to leave my PC forever, how can I delete it? I tried everything! Now I have error screens couse LavaSofttcpservice.dll... I just want to delete this program and all leftovers, please help me! 

LavaSofttcpservice.dll is a part of Web Companion. Please see this topic: http://www.lavasofts...uninstallation/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users