9 replies to this topic

#1 samficher

samficher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

hello,

I actualize ad-aware 10 to version 11, the entire installation process was done without any problems. After actualize the virus definitions and Ad-aware software to the latest version 11.

The problem is that the option Real-time protection is not available, you can't switch from off to on ...

everything else works without any problems ...

I have windows xp home 32,servive pack 2, intel celeron M 1.50GHz, 448 MB RAM

Attached Files

• Attached File  Logs.zip   192.04KB   2 downloads

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7431 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hi samficher,

Are you sure that Ad-Aware has downloaded the definitions?

Without definitions Ad-Aware can't protect the computer and real-time protection is off.

Please, note that the system requirements for Ad-Aware 11 are:

Windows XP with Service Pack 3
1 GB of memory (RAM)

See http://www.lavasoft....em-requirements and therefore it's possible that the computer will be too slow or you'll get various problems.

Lavasoft supports Ad-Aware 10 until the summer 2014.

#3 samficher

samficher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

hi,

yes i sure that the definitions are downloaded and working, like i say before everything else working properly.

is only the real-time protection, is possible that happens because the system requeriments??

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7431 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hi again,

Lavasoft has checked the logs and it looks like that Ad-Aware was installed in compatible mode, followed by that you tried to activate the real-time protection and Ad-Aware tried to install the necessary drivers. But Ad-Aware failed to install them.

Ad-Aware was installed in compatible mode, either since you selected it during installation, or another antivirus program was detected. Did you select compatible installation?

Did you get any warning message when you tried to activate real-time protection the first time?

It's possible that the drivers can't be installed since Service Pack 3 to XP isn't installed, but that hasn't been tested so nobody knows. Are you aware of that XP without SP 3 has a lot of vulnerabilities, that are exploited by many web pages to easy infect the computer?

#5 samficher

samficher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

hi,

I did not choose compatible mode, but normal mode (as the only antivirus program). never I have received no warning message of any kind.

I do not I have any other antivirus on my computer, the only thing I did was upgrade from version 10 to 11.

the reason I have not service pack 3 is why I can not install this update.

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7431 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hi,

Then there is probably a problem with installing the drivers. 

Do you want Lavasoft to investigate the issue, even if it's possible that Ad-Aware 11 never will work in your computer.

If yes:

Please, upload Temp Folder and System Information by following instructions in http://www.lavasofts...roubleshooting/ .

Do you accept that Lavasoft connects to your computer for further investigation if necessary?

#7 samficher

samficher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Attached File  msinfo32.zip   1.39KB   1 downloadsAttached File  MSI58eb0.zip   119.79KB   0 downloadshi.

well I allmost sure that is not going to work, but i want to know why.. I'm very curious person.

and yes I want lavasoft investigate the issue, and can connect if is needed..

thank you for your help..

#8 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7431 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

You're welcome :)

I'm sorry that it wasn't possible to get Ad-Aware working in your computer. Maybe you should contact Microsoft (their forum) to get help with SP 3.

#9 d lan

d lan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

I have Vista and download-fine, update-nope, realtime protection-nope, help-nope, MBAM-hell no. I think you all need to fix some ######.

#10 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7431 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

I have Vista and download-fine, update-nope, realtime protection-nope, help-nope, MBAM-hell no. I think you all need to fix some ######.

See your other post http://www.lavasofts...e-2#entry143740 and its answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users