• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mateo

mateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

I'm using Ad-Aware Free Antivirus + version 10.3.45.3935 and I have several threats in the quarantine folder. I do not understand how to remove them. There are buttons that say "restore" and "delete selected" but I'm not sure if "delete selected" actually deletes the file from the computer or if it just removes the file/threat from the computer. Where is this mystical quarantine folder anyway and how does it work? When ad-aware detects a threat to quarantine, does it actually physically move the threat into an actual quarantine folder?
How do I locate and ensure that I am permenantly removing quarantined files???

In the quarantine it says that I have this item Trojan-Clicker.HTML.RemoteScript (v) here C:\Users\Mateo\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5ybahnn3.default\Cache\5\6B. What do I have to do to get rid of it permenantly.

Bottom line, while viewing the list of quarantined items, does highlighting it and clicking "delete selected" remove the files from the computer or just from that list?

#2 mateo

mateo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

I answered my own question by reading the manual. The answer is on page 56:
"To delete a quarantined item from your computer, select the risk you wish to delete and click Delete from Selected.
The item is permanently removed from your computer."

The manual can be found here:
To delete a quarantined item from your computer, select the risk you wish to delete and click Delete from Selected.
The item is permanently removed from your computer.

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7232 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hi mateo,

Nice that you found the answer to your main question by yourself :)

The quarantine folder is located in one of Ad-Aware's own folders. When Ad-Aware finds a threat, it moves the file from its original folder to the quarantine folder. A file that has been moved to the quarantine folder is harmless. All antivirus programs have a quarantine folder and the reason is that they sometimes have a false positive, and then it's important that you can restore the quarantined file back to its original folder.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quarantine, removal, threat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users