• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 tonorov

tonorov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hello. Sorry for my English, maybe it is not very well but I'll try to describe the problem...
Recently I got an e-mail about new capabilities and features of Lavasoft Ad-aware 10.4. Few years ago I used this product and I liked it. It were Ad-aware SE... Ad-aware 9. But after several years of using I upgraded to Ad-Aware 10 but there was a problem with Russian sites because toolbar (or other feature? ) always blocked it. And I met the other difficulties with Ad-aware 10. So I decided to delete this product. And when I had seen new version of this product Ad-aware 10.4 that can be used with other antivirus products I decided to install it again. And.... I can't install it. During the installation process I see the message "An error occured during the installation process" and installation process aborts. Could you help me to solve this problem?
Thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by tonorov, 19 December 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7775 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hi tonorov,

What other antivirus program do you have?

#3 tonorov

tonorov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hi tonorov,

What other antivirus program do you have?

Hello CeciliaB,

Tnx for rapid answer. I have Dr. Web Security Suite 8. It is a new version of Dr. Web that was released nearly a month ago. I tried to disable self-defence of the product, tried to disable other components of Dr Web Security suite but nothing helped.

PS I checked it. Dr. Web Security Suite was released on 14 November 2012 ( http://news.drweb.co...&c=5&lng=en&p=1 )
PS Sorry if my English is not very well and it is hard to understand what I want to explain.

Edited by tonorov, 19 December 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7775 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hi tonorov,

No problem understanding your English :)
Please, tell me if you don't understand what I write.

Lavasoft would appreciate if you can upload the log files that were created during the installation.
Please, try to find the following folders and files, and zip them before uploading them in the forum (use the button "More reply options"). Ask me if you need more explanations.

Win 7 Ad-Aware 10.4:
Folders:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Logs\
C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\AntiMalware\Logs\
Files:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\DRVSetup\SetupDrv.log
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\MSIxxx.txt

#5 tonorov

tonorov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Thanks CeciliaB,
I have no big problem with it. I can read and translate but it is a bit difficult for me to make sentences :) That's a problem when trying to study another language :)

So, 1) I found all logs that were in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Logs\
2) But instead of C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\AntiMalware\Logs\ I have C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\Ad-aware\Logs
3) I found a few MSIxxxx.txt files so I copy last two of these
And zipped them all.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Dump.zip   185.06KB   1 downloads

Edited by tonorov, 19 December 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7775 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

You are welcome :)

I have told my contact person at Lavasoft that you have uploaded the log files.

I'm familiar with your problems with English, I'm from Sweden.

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7775 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

A first report:
1. Ad-Aware 10 seems to have been installed, but probably reinstalled later.
Is that correct?

2. The uninstallation of the previous version (9.x) of Ad-Aware seems to have failed.
Which version of Ad-Aware 9 did you have? The latest one is 9.6.
Have you tried to uninstall that version or is it only the installation program of Ad-Aware 10 that has done that?

I'll send you a link to another type of installation program for Ad-Aware 10 in a PM. Please, disable Dr.Web and try to install Ad-Aware using this file. Afterwards, please collect log files again and upload them.

#8 tonorov

tonorov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

A first report:
1. Ad-Aware 10 seems to have been installed, but probably reinstalled later.
Is that correct?

2. The uninstallation of the previous version (9.x) of Ad-Aware seems to have failed.
Which version of Ad-Aware 9 did you have? The latest one is 9.6.
Have you tried to uninstall that version or is it only the installation program of Ad-Aware 10 that has done that?

I'll send you a link to another type of installation program for Ad-Aware 10 in a PM. Please, disable Dr.Web and try to install Ad-Aware using this file. Afterwards, please collect log files again and upload them.

Thanks.
1) No, I always had the same problem "An error occured during the installation process" but after this INcorrect installation I have Ad-aware Security Add-on in Control Panel that I can uninstall.
2) Clear Windows was reinstalled nearly 2 months ago, disk was fully formated. I didn't have any previous version of Ad-Aware. This version was the first that I decided to install.
Thanks for PM. I'll try it and say what I'll have.

Attached Files

Edited by tonorov, 19 December 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#9 tonorov

tonorov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Thanks for your help. I tried to install Ad-Aware from file that you gave me but now I have an another error "Error 1401. Could not create key \Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel". I tried "Right click - Run as administrator"

If I try to ignore this I see another error 1406 and etc.

Attached Files

Edited by tonorov, 19 December 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#10 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7775 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

My contact person asks, if you have logged on with an administrator account.
Have you noticed other problems with write access or similar errors?
Which Windows do you have, including 32 or 64 bits?

#11 tonorov

tonorov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

My contact person asks, if you have logged on with an administrator account.
Have you noticed other problems with write access or similar errors?
Which Windows do you have, including 32 or 64 bits?

Tnx for rapid answers. I really appreciate your help :) This product has very good support personnel.
Yes, of course. Only I have account on this computer.And this account has administrative privileges. Also I tried to install this application throught the command prompt: Win+R -> cmd (run as an administrator) -> "path to a file" -> Enter
"Have you noticed other problems with write access or similar errors?" - sorry, what do you mean by this? If you are talking about the installation - yes, if I continue ignore the error message I see other errors like previous: Error 1406.

PC Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Intel Core i7-2600k 3.33Ghz
RAM: 8 Gb
SSD: Crucial M4 128gb
HDD: WD 1002FAEX 1Tb and else one disk for storage (don't remember full name of this HDD)

PS The computer runs without overclocking.

PPS Have you got a ftp server or other server where I can download setup file of the previous versions of Ad-Aware, for example 10.3 or 10.2 and then upgrade it to 10.4 by autoupdater? Maybe it could help.

Attached Files

Edited by tonorov, 19 December 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#12 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7775 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

I was thinking of problems with installing other programs etc., not during Ad-Aware installation.

I'll discuss it with my contact person tomorrow, but it's possible that Ad-Aware 10.4 isn't compatible with Dr. Web, Lavasoft hasn't tested that combination since Dr.Web is not a common program. Can you upload the latest log files since you got another error messages now?

The installation files are not generally available. I have 10.1 too, but it was a lot of problems with that version so I don't recommend it.

#13 tonorov

tonorov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

After this installation I don't have any logs. Those files and folders don't exist because during the installation process the installation rolls back.

PS. Ok, it is funny, but I installed this application after ignoring all the messages I got. There were nearly ten errors 1401, 1406 that I ignored. And it works but I don't see Ad-watch scanner.
PSS You can see logs in attached files.

Attached Files

Edited by tonorov, 19 December 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#14 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7775 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

A lot of registry entries are missing according to your error messages, so I understand that Ad-Aware isn't running properly. (Ad-Watch isn't used in version 10, but I understand what you mean.)

Let us see what my contact person says tomorrow.

#15 tonorov

tonorov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

A lot of registry entries are missing according to your error messages, so I understand that Ad-Aware isn't running properly. (Ad-Watch isn't used in version 10, but I understand what you mean.)

Let us see what my contact person says tomorrow.

Ok, tnx. Instead of Ad-watch this feature calls Real-time protection, yeah? I'll try to do something else and reinstall the application. And one more question: all other features except Real-time protection are available only in the upper version than Free? If so I will have to upgrade Free version to Personal :)

PS Tnx for help, you did the best I think :) Really good support, so many answers in one day.

Attached Files

Edited by tonorov, 19 December 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#16 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7775 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

You are welcome :) I'm glad that you are pleased.

Yes, real-time protection is what Ad-Watch did.

No, there are more features in Ad-Aware 10 Free Antivirus+, at least gaming mode and safe browsing should be available after a working installation, see http://www.lavasoft...._aware_free.php
But if you need to use Ad-Aware as an on-demand scanner, real-time protection will be off and I don't know if safe browsing will work.

#17 tonorov

tonorov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

You are welcome :) I'm glad that you are pleased. Yes, real-time protection is what Ad-Watch did. No, there are more features in Ad-Aware 10 Free Antivirus+, at least gaming mode and safe browsing should be available after a working installation, see http://www.lavasoft...._aware_free.php But if you need to use Ad-Aware as an on-demand scanner, real-time protection will be off and I don't know if safe browsing will work.

My computer worked too slowly, maybe because of that incorrect installation. Sometimes a browser or an application freezed for about 1-2 minutes and one time computer completely freezed (sorry, I don't know how I can say it in English when a computer or an application doesn't respond - computer freezes, computer hangs or ...?)
A bit taler I'll try to install Ad-Aware on my laptop. Laptop doesn't have Dr Web Security Suite, it has Avast and we will see if the installation will be successful or not.

Edited by tonorov, 20 December 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#18 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7775 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

I think "hangs" and "freezes" are very similar. As a programmer, I would say "my program hanged", but most users refer to what they see on the screen, that everything stops working for a while as it was frozen.

Better luck with the laptop. The combination of Avast and Ad-Aware has been tested, and Ad-Aware should install as On-demand scanner.

#19 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7775 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

After chatting with my contact person, she wonders if you have changed any ownership, rights or permissions to system folders or parts of the registry.

Is this a correct summary of your problem?

Ad-Aware is installed but there were a lot of error messages during installation, that keys couldn't be created in the registry.
Real-time protection is on and updating works, but it isn't possible to turn on "Gaming mode", "Safe browsing" or any other feature, except "Real-time protection" and "Antivirus & Antispyware".

Any other issues?

Please, start the program "msinfo32", for example by entering it in the little search field that is visible when you click on the Start button. In the file menu select "Save" and save the system information file. Please, upload the saved file.

Save DDS to your desktop: http://download.blee...om/sUBs/dds.scr

Double-click on the DDS tool to run it.

When finished, DDS will open two (2) logs:
1. DDS.txt
2. Attach.txt

Save them to your desktop and upload DDS.txt, please.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users