• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 klr650

klr650

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

i believe that ad aware 10 is blocking some site connections. how do i add specific connections to whitelist?

Edited by klr650, 09 December 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7806 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Hi klr650,

Do you mean that web sites are blocked by e.g. "Shop & Bank Safely Online", but they are a perfectly normal web sites?
If yes, please, start a new topic in Report a False Positive forum specifying the web addresses. Lavasoft will then investigate it and if they are false positives change the definitions of Ad-Aware. In the mean time, you have to turn off e.g. "Shop & Bank Safely Online" temporarily while visiting the web sites.

#3 Bluedog45

Bluedog45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

I'm having problems with partial blocking.

It first occured the other day when I tried to access a particular forum that I usually frequent.

Suddenly I was getting the page, but not the forum overlay.

I switched off 'Safe Browsing' and could then access the forum.

So far so good. Sort of.

Then it happened again today.

Found that somehow 'Safe Browsing' had come on again (that could have been something I did) so I switched it back off.

Still no forum.

I switched off 'Real-Time Protection' and that seemed to work for a little while. Then, again, no forum.

After some experimentation I found that switching off the 'Advanced Firewall' feature has allowed me to get back to the forum.

Here's hoping this holds out.

In that feature, I see a place where I can 'allow' Computers, Networks and Internet Addresses, but when I click on that section I don't see anywhere to input an Internet address such as the one for the forum.

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7806 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Hi Bluedog45,

The firewall don't block Internet addresses since it's not aware of them, it only blocks programs and ports. Maybe the web page does something suspicious as starting inbound traffic. I suggest that you report a false positive as described in post #2.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whitelist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users