Photo
- - - - -

How do I know if Adaware Pro is running?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mykidsmomtx

mykidsmomtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

If I am in my main user account, Adaware shows up in the bottom system tray. However, when I switch users, there is no indciation that the program is running. Even if I click the icon, it won't open. How do I ensure Adaware is running for all users? Thanks!

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7403 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hi mykidsmomtx,

Unfortunately there is a bug in Ad-Aware 10. If you want to see that Ad-Aware is running when switching users, you first have to Exit Ad-Aware, switch user and then start Ad-Aware.

#3 mykidsmomtx

mykidsmomtx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Thanks. I just want to be sure that it is running for all users. I saw it in the task manager so I figured it was but was concerned that I didn't see it in the program tray.

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7403 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

You are welcome :)

To check that Ad-Aware really is protecting the computer even when it isn't visible, you can download (save) eicar.com from http://eicar.org/85-0-Download.html That file is a test file, which isn't malicious at all, but all antivirus manufacturers have agreed upon that their programs shall detect that file. You don't get any pop-up or similar from Ad-Aware, but the file will not be saved on the computer and it will be listed on the quarantine tab of Ad-Aware, if everything is working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users