Photo

Where is the board for Adaware Total Security?

total security

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Swisstoons

Swisstoons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

I don't find a board here regarding Adaware Total Security which I renewed on 16 July. When it wouldn't install properly, I called the toll-free number and allowed the tech I spoke with to take control of my computer. After approximately an hour, during which time he tried to talk me into paying for services I did not want, the software was installed.

Since then, however, my computer has been slower than ever. When I type, the text lags behind, leading me to believe I may have a key logger on my computer. The only thing the Total Security software has found over the past month is one cookie...which is never identified.. It finds nothing else...ever.

I am completely dissatisfied with the product. My question for now is....where is the Total Security board?
  • AlcoroAvene likes this

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7231 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hi Swisstoons,

There is no special board for Total Security, since the forum is mainly a place where users of the free products can help each other. They can't get help from Lavasoft support, except for really big problems. All paying customers can use Lavasoft email support for free: http://lavasoft.com/...contact_support The phone support is handled by another company.

Some general thoughts (I don't have any knowledge of the product):
Have you tried to uninstall and install again?
I think you had Total Security before 16 July. Is that correct? If yes: Why did you install the program again since it is still the same product version?
Have you had other antivirus or similar programs installed recently?

You wouldn't notice if there was a keylogger installed since it takes so little time to detect a key press.

#3 Swisstoons

Swisstoons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

Hi Swisstoons,

There is no special board for Total Security, since the forum is mainly a place where users of the free products can help each other. They can't get help from Lavasoft support, except for really big problems. All paying customers can use Lavasoft email support for free: http://lavasoft.com/...contact_support The phone support is handled by another company.

Some general thoughts (I don't have any knowledge of the product):
Have you tried to uninstall and install again?
I think you had Total Security before 16 July. Is that correct? If yes: Why did you install the program again since it is still the same product version?
Have you had other antivirus or similar programs installed recently?

You wouldn't notice if there was a keylogger installed since it takes so little time to detect a key press.

When I renewed, the product would not install. So, I called phone number which purportedly was the Lavasoft phone number. I asked the technician, Patrick, on more than one occasion when he worked for Lavasoft (since he was trying to sell me other services) and he told me that he was. I regret having allowed him to remotely control my computer.

Thanks you for that email link. I will contact them momentarily. I appreciate your help.

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7231 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

If you haven't received an answer within 48 hours from LS support, please send a PM with your e-mail address to me and I'll forward it to my contact person at Lavasoft.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: total security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users