Photo
- - - - -

Activation trouble

Activation difficulty Ad-Aware Activation failed We were not able to verify your key right now

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 natekoepke

natekoepke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Dear Lavasoft:

I am having a lot of trouble activating my Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ product today. I have pasted in the code that was given to me and I clicked Activate but it said Activation failed: We cannot process your key right now. Our sincere apologies or something like that. Nothing should be wrong with my Internet connection. If anyone can help me here, that would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Nathan Koepke
  • Tana Marston likes this

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7313 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hi Nathan,

Maybe there is a temporary problem with the activation server. I will ask my contact person at Lavasoft.

Other possibilities:
Are you connected to internet through a proxy server? Ad-Aware 10 doesn't support that yet and you have to stay on Ad-Aware 9.6.
Do you have a firewall that stops Ad-Aware from connecting to internet?

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7313 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hi again,

Now I got an answer. Unfortunately the server handling activations are down for technical maintenance today (Canadian time zone). Please, try again tomorrow.

#4 natekoepke

natekoepke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

I tried again today and it is still not working. I do not have any firewall other than the default Windows firewall on.

#5 natekoepke

natekoepke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

I do not connect to the Internet via a proxy server also.

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7313 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

I'll contact Lavasoft again.

#7 LS AlexanderS

LS AlexanderS

Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hi natekoepke!

Please send me your activation key via Personal message (PM), I'll check it.

#8 natekoepke

natekoepke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

I PM'ed you.

#9 melina

melina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

hi,

i have the same problem, I try to register my Free AV+ since two-three days, every time I get messege "Key can´t be verified, sorry " or somting like that.

Ad-Aware fresh installed on clean system, win7 HP 64Bit, the same effect already on another pc. also I dont think my PC is issue of this problem, and I as I see i´m not alone...

regards

#10 LS AlexanderS

LS AlexanderS

Lavasoft Staff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hi melina.

Please send me your activation key via Personal message (PM).

#11 melina

melina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi Alexander,

check PM

#12 anchoret

anchoret

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

hi all. i'm also having the same issue here should i pm my pass too or just wait for it to be solved?

Edited by anchoret, 03 August 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#13 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7313 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hi anchoret,

The activation server gets overloaded now and then. You might be able to activate if you try at a time when fewer persons are trying to activate. At the moment a lot of Europeans come home from work and a lot of Americans wake up. But you can send LS AlexanderS a PM with your activation key, even if I'm not sure that he can take care of it before he is leaving the office.

#14 anchoret

anchoret

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

ok thanks for the reply ceciliaB :) ill try again others times of the day though there seems to be something else wrong since a lot are having this issue the last days.. i 'll also check this forum for updates. thanks

#15 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7313 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

You are welcome, anchoret :)
If you haven't been able to activate during the weekend send LS AlexanderS a PM on Monday.

#16 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7313 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Have everyone now been able to activate Ad-Aware?

#17 herenowit

herenowit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Yes. Myself and a friend are trying out Ad Aware today, and cannot activate our codes at all.

#18 Tana Marston

Tana Marston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hi Nathan,

Maybe there is a temporary problem with the activation server. I will ask my contact person at Lavasoft.

Other possibilities:
Are you connected to internet through a proxy server? Ad-Aware 10 doesn't support that yet and you have to stay on Ad-Aware 9.6.
Do you have a firewall that stops Ad-Aware from connecting to internet?

I have been trying to activate my account. The phone number does not work.......I do not have an icon to click on. I can`t seem to get any help anywhere, and am getting really frustrated.

#19 Tana Marston

Tana Marston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Good luck Nathan, I sure can`t get help. And it is not my internet either. I don`t hae a proxy server either. I am beginning to think it is a big rip off. I have paid for my Ad-Ware. Tana

#20 Tana Marston

Tana Marston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

I go to activate it and it wants the activation key......I never got one. All I have is the order number, and of coarse they don`t want that. Tana

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Activation, difficulty, Ad-Aware, Activation failed, We were not able to verify, your key, right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users