• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shekeena

Shekeena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

Okay I read a few topics and I am having the SAME ISSUE....

I PURCHASED Ad-Aware Personal Security off the site earlier today because I have started noticing pop-up ads on my laptop within the last week or so, I have downloaded ad-aware and NOTHING I un-installed and tried downloading in safe mode w/ networking and normally still NOTHING I re-tried the last few steps multiple times I also been running anti-virus scans and it detects a few cookies and malware here and there but then again NOTHING.

I also tried doing it disabling my anti-virus software and still NOTHING.

Im running Windows 7, SP1, 64 bit

My anti-virus software is Symantec Endpoint Protection

Can I please have assistance?

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7239 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hi Shekeena,

You are not recommended to install Ad-Aware version 10.x in a computer where another antivirus program is installed. It is not enough to disable the other antivirus program. You can use Ad-Aware 9.6 instead. Since you have read other topics, I guess you have already seen the explanations and maybe the link to the future plans of Lavasoft, but if you haven't please ask.

#3 Shekeena

Shekeena

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

No I just noticed something like that in another post I haven't used this product in years but I remember when having issue with ads download ad-aware (even with virus software installed) and poof problem solved.... I guess times have changed.

Can you provide a link for 9.6 plzzzz

#4 Pierre67

Pierre67

Valued Member and Beta Tester

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

Here is your link to 9.6.0

http://www.filehippo...ad-aware/10910/
regards, Peter.

I do NOT use Lavasoft Ad-Aware and do NOT work for Lavasoft. I just monitor the Forum from time to time.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ad-Aware, 10.1, installing, not installing, malware, trojans, windows7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users