4 replies to this topic

#1 RLPickard

RLPickard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hi,

I cannot remove ad-aware 10.2 from my computer. I have gone over your forum for similar issues to no avail. Ad-aware does not show up on my change or uninstall program feature, however it does appear with start>all programs>ad-aware antivirus. Click on that and you see uninstall option. Click that and a windows installer pop-up appears that says This action is valid for products that are currently installed.???

I know that it is still on my computer because I still get a pop-up from my 'show hidden icons ' box that ad-aware is protecting my computer. Pull up that box and you can see the ad-aware icon. Click that and you go to the ad-aware site and I am able to scan computer. I was very satisfied with the 9.6 version. I cannot restore it as suggested in one of your forums. Now after all this I want all ad-aware off my computer. Can you please help me.

#2 RLPickard

RLPickard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi,

I cannot remove ad-aware 10.2 from my computer. I have gone over your forum for similar issues to no avail. Ad-aware does not show up on my change or uninstall program feature, however it does appear with start>all programs>ad-aware antivirus. Click on that and you see uninstall option. Click that and a windows installer pop-up appears that says This action is valid for products that are currently installed.???

I know that it is still on my computer because I still get a pop-up from my 'show hidden icons ' box that ad-aware is protecting my computer. Pull up that box and you can see the ad-aware icon. Click that and you go to the ad-aware site and I am able to scan computer. I was very satisfied with the 9.6 version. I cannot restore it as suggested in one of your forums. Now after all this I want all ad-aware off my computer. Can you please help me.

I failed to mention the reason why I originally tried to remove 10.2. The desk top icon was unresponsive after 10.2 install. After becoming a member I see you have a pinned thread on this topic. I do not wish to attempt this nor do I believe I should have to. Trusting Lavasoft for safe and reliable products has now come into question.

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7790 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hi RLPickard,

Have you tried to install Ad-Aware 10.2 on top of the existing Ad-Aware? That is a common solution when programs (of any kind) cannot be uninstalled.

Doing a system restore to a date before the installation of 10.2 is also a common solution, and should be suitable now when only a few days have gone since the installation.

Did you have version 10.1 before you installed 10.2?
Do you have another antivirusprogram installed?

#4 RLPickard

RLPickard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Good morning CeciliaB,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I did. I had 9.6 version, and yes I had another avp loaded but never used, Malwarebytes, because Ad-aware was doing such a good job. And yes when I was trying to find a fix I did restore to an older date. Why doesn't this 10.2 version show up on my change/uninstall list and even says that it is not installed when it is. This is way too much hassle that resulted from a free upgrade from a source that I have trusted to protect me from, not cause, more issues. What is going on with the programmers? Reading some of the issues others are having on this forum is pretty scary. I want this product off my computer ASAP.
As Jim Carrey would put it.........SOMEBODY HELP ME !!! :unsure:

#5 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7790 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Good evening RLPickard,

You are welcome :)

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is not an antivirus program, it is an anti-malware program. Even if you haven't used it, it will still has all its drivers and services running and they might interfere with the installation of Ad-Aware.

Which Windows do you have?

When you do a system restore to a date before a certain program was installed, it is normal that the program disappears from the list of programs that can be uninstalled. All drivers and services that are parts of the program should no longer be started.

How do you know that Ad-Aware 10.2 is installed? Is it only that Ad-Aware 10.2 is listed in Start menu? I'm not sure that Windows removes items from that menu when a system restore is performed, specially if you have XP (system restore is better in Vista and even better in Windows 7).

If you want to, I can see if anything of Ad-Aware 10.2 is running. Save DDS to your desktop: http://download.blee...om/sUBs/dds.scr

Double-click on the DDS tool to run it.

When finished, DDS will open two (2) logs:
1. DDS.txt
2. Attach.txt

Save them to your desktop and paste the content of the two logs into your answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users