• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HVit

HVit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

I am very happy to have read in another section that you are trying to find a way to satisfy everyone who uses Ad-Aware. I was hoping that you would eventually supply a version without an Anti-Virus program so I could continue to use your program and my Avast Anti-Virus. I am still using your earlier version and will continue using it until I can download one without Anti-Virus.

I was prompted to go here tonight because i received an email from you asking me to update Ad-Aware which I will never do as long as I cannot turn off its anti-Virus.

Thank You for wanting to solve this problem so we can all continue to use your great program.

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7706 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi HVit,

I will forward your opinion to my contact person at Lavasoft, I'm sure he will appreciate that you like that Lavasoft has decided to develop a simple anti-malware program.

Note, that problems with using Ad-Aware 10 together with an antivirus program are not related to the fact that Ad-Aware 10 contains definitions for viruses etc. Ad-Aware 9 Free has an antivirus engine and definitions for viruses etc. and it is possible to run that together with another antivirus program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users