Adaware 10.1 - Scan won't work & Free edition installed Pro instead
Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:21 PM
1. Although I selected "Free Edition", it has installed a 30 trial of "pro"
2. The installed Pro version doesn't allow me to update definitions (link does nothing)
3 The "Scan" button is inactive (greyed out) in all three tabs
Before intallation, I unistalled previous version (I think 9, but too late to check now) so there is no conflict that I can see.
Any help would be most welcome
Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:22 PM
1. Yes, it is always like that in 10.1, but it will be changed in 10.2.
2. Is your computer using a proxy server to connect to internet?
3. It is impossible to scan until the thread definitions have been downloaded.
Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:05 PM
1. Will I be able to use Adaware after 30 days until 10.2 is released ?
2 . My connection to Internet is LAN ... UPDATE - I've just rebooted PC and now definitions are loaded.
3. Scan now works fine.
Edited by Mick-H, 13 July 2012 - 07:04 PM.
Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:25 PM
1. Version 10.2 will be released very soon, it will not take 30 days.
2. Another person reported issues with updates, but that it worked today. Can you update now?
You can check if a proxy server is used here:
Control panel - Internet Options - Connections - LAN settings
If "Advanced" button is disabled, you don't use a proxy server.
If "Advanced" button is enabled, please write down here the information in the text fields next to the button, and also click on the "Advanced" button and write down the information in the new windows.
Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:14 AM
Yes, I can update now. I've just updated to definition version 12230
The "advanced" button in disabled, so I'm not using proxy server. Looks like it's all working fine now
Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:44 AM
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users