• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tomcas

tomcas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

How can I stop the system tray popup from displaying the obvious and annoying message "Ad-Aware will continue to protect your computer against malware"?

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7290 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

Hi tomcas,

You cannot do that without stopping all balloon messages in Windows, see http://www.lavasofts...post__p__135355

#3 tomcas

tomcas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

Thank you Cecilia. Since notifications from my other applications are important and Ad-Aware is most annoying at telling me the obvious I guess I have no choice but to uninstall it. Can I install an older version that lacks this notification?

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7290 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

You are welcome, tomcas :)

But how often do you see the balloon?
I see it when I log in and when I close the Ad-Aware window, but I don't even open Ad-Aware every day and seeing the balloon once or twice a day I don't find disturbing.

It is still possible to use Ad-Aware 9.6, which can be downloaded from FileHippo.

#5 PatHightree

PatHightree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

I like to keep all non-critical notification area icons set to "only show notifications".
This means that Ad-Aware will be minimized at every system startup, thereby showing in this annoying popup very single time I start up my machine.
Please remove this annoying and also condescending message, I know programs can work in the background.
A good way to fix this would be a checkbox in the popup that would stop the message from being shown in the future.

Thanks, Patrick

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7290 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Hi Patrick,

Please, add suggestions for future version to http://www.lavasofts...in-ad-aware-10/ which is monitored by Lavasoft staff. Other topics aren't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users