• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joegs

joegs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

I have AdAware 9.5.1 and would like to turn off the constant pop that asks if I want to update - with a link to AdAware Anti-Virus which I don't want. The only options on the pop-up are "Ask Me Later" and "Update Now" - I need one that says "Quit Bothering Me." The irony is that AdAware is supposed to GET RID of annoying pop-ups not create new ones. Any way to make this stop?

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9899 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hi joegs,

In Ad-Aware 9.6 there is a checkbox to select before clicking on "Remind me later" and then the popup will not be displayed until after a month. Do you mean that it is different in version 9.5.1?

#3 joegs

joegs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

Nope - no option like that on mine.

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9899 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Maybe that change hasn't been done in 9.5.1. Why not update to 9.6? There are a number of bug fixes in that version.

#5 joegs

joegs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

Cecilia - Followed your advice. The only update option I saw on this site is to the AV product that I don't want but I was able to uninstall 9.5.1 and reinstall 9.6 through a CNET link - and now I do have a checkbox which I didn't have before which, if it limits the pop-up reminder to once a month as opposed several times a week (and invariably when I least need the distraction), will be just fine. It is after all free and I do appreciate that and respect their right to occasionally remind of their existence. I'm a fan of Ad Aware, have used it for years, and recommend it to others - this is the first time I've had any slight annoyance with it. Thanks for the help.

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9899 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

You are welcome, joegs :)

I'm glad that you now has the checkbox.

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 9899 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:22 PM

I have AdAware 12.0.636.11167 and would like to turn off the constant pop that asks if I want to update - with a link to AdAware Anti-Virus which I don't want. The only options on the pop-up are "Ask Me Later" and "Update Now" - I need one that says "Quit Bothering Me." The irony is that AdAware is supposed to GET RID of annoying pop-ups not create new ones. Any way to make this stop? 

Hi Bruce,

I've moved your question to a separate topic since this in the very old sub-forum of Ad-Aware version 9.

It's here: http://www.lavasofts...e-update-popup/

Edited by CeciliaB, 16 February 2017 - 04:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users