Photo
- - - - -

Uninstall failed and completely lost connectivity.

uninstall connectivity

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 fixme1234

fixme1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

After having too many issues with "Safe Browsing" and/or "Shop & Bank Safely Online" of Ad-Aware 10, I decided to try to uninstall it.
During the uninstall process my laptop bluescreened. I've owned it for a year and it has never happened believe it or not.
After rebooting the AdAware folder and files were still there (not sure if they were all there), and when trying to connect to ANY network I get the limited connectivity.
I tried to reinstall again, and it gave me an error, about the installation being invalid. When I tried to reinstall / repair, I couldn't because I didn't have network connectivity (I think).
So I decided to delete all the adaware file, and remove all adaware entried in the Registry. I also ran the two programs listed in the "Uninstall ad aware" post.
I even reset the windows firewall to default settings.

Other computers connect fine to the network, this laptop worked perfectly fine before the blue screen problem.
What can I do? Is there an adaware related firewall running somewhere?

fixme1234

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7407 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hi fixme1234,

I think the uninstallation program, due to the BSOD, has deleted the driver used by to the network connection without properly remove the information from the network connection. Since you have deleted the folders and files yourself, it might be other problems as well, for example when you right-click a file or folder. Please try to do that and tell us if that works as usual.

Do you have another antivirus or similar program installed?

#3 fixme1234

fixme1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Right clicking works fine. The wireless network card can find networks perfectly fine. When trying to connect to any of them I get the limited access connection.
AVG 2012 is installed on this machine (windows 7 pro 64)

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7407 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

It is not recommended to run Ad-Aware 10.1 together with another antivirus program, it usually gives BSOD or other types of crashes due to conflicts between drivers of the two antivirus programs. Can you do a system restore to a restore point before the installation of Ad-Aware?
Start menu - Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

#5 Rebeccamarie1987

Rebeccamarie1987

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

This exact thing has happened to me. At the moment I'm trying a system restore in safe mode because my computer didn't have any restore points set up. Like you, I installed 10.1 and it made my computer sooo slow so I uninstalled and it gave me the BSOD. When I restarted it said it couldn't uninstall because it wasn't installed and my Internet connectivity was gone. Im going to try uninstall again but if this doesn't work I need to know what to do next. Ive always loved ad-aware but I will not be installing it again :(

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7407 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

Hi Rebeccamarie1987,

If there are no restore points in the computer, you cannot do a system restore. It doesn't matter if Windows is started in normal or safe mode.

Here are some solutions to the issue with lost internet connection:
http://www.lavasofts...post__p__135172 and post #18
http://www.lavasofts...post__p__136361
http://www.lavasofts...post__p__135055

#7 affaren

affaren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Same thing happened to me. Congrats Lavasoft. You join Symantec and McAffee as companies that have done more damage to my pc's than any virus ever has.
  • John M65 and kpmpemu like this

#8 kpmpemu

kpmpemu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I am facing the same problem on my computer. I am currently trying the system restore on a date two days earlier. What a mess. I am not a super techie. If this does not work, I guess I will be limited to smartphone Internet access until I can afford a new computer. This is serious stress since I use my computer to access my job remotely. Crossing my fingers for now. Yes, I have been a loyal user of adaware for approx a decade. Hopefully this can be resolved.

Edited by kpmpemu, 23 June 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#9 kpmpemu

kpmpemu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

Well, restoring did at least allow my computer to connect with normal access to my Wireless Network. However, 1) all actions are extremely slow and 2) when I tried to access Internet via Explorer it spontaneously rebooted my computer. Upon startup, sluggish again and resulted in bluescreen ( now I see what that is). I am able to access the internet via safe mode. Please help, this has serious financial implications for me.

Edited by kpmpemu, 23 June 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#10 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7407 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Hi kpmpemu,

Have you done anything else than trying to install Ad-Aware 10.1 since the time of the restore point you restored to?
Let us see if anything of Ad-Aware is still running. Please, save DDS to your desktop: http://download.blee...om/sUBs/dds.scr

Double-click on the DDS tool to run it.

When finished, DDS will open two (2) logs:
1. DDS.txt
2. Attach.txt

Save them to your desktop and paste their content into your answer.

------------
I'll after that move your posts to a new topic since it no longer has to do with lost internet connection.

#11 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Same thing happened to me, I had to do a system restore. Immediately after the restart I was unable to successfully uninstall the program.

#12 rimtechmob

rimtechmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

do a system repair and when functions comes up do a system restore to last known working configuration-- my computer windows seven home prem 64bit said on restore page there is a problem causing windows seven to create a blue screen of death to protect system ps also do a full registry clean with cc cleaner to get rid of any dll files that will that were left over after bsod
rimtechmob im a pc tech computers can and will be tempermental at times

ps remove browser protect i looked at my error logs it created a problem with Ad Aware

ps every so often do a clean with cc cleaner to get rid of dll files that can cause problems and a cache browser clean of old urls etc using cc cleaner

do a regular defrag of system and ps a regular back up of your data
you,ll never know when your pc will have a mayor crash

Edited by rimtechmob, 19 July 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#13 rimtechmob

rimtechmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

the only way to fix what is happening is for microsoft to supply a fix via updates theres a problem in the registry of windows that causes any windows system if not all to have a bsod from what ive read there is different drivers on peoples pcs that are not compatible with the latest ad aware update is not there fault our windows its is just a registry problem that needs a update from windows etc to fix problem

a fix by them will be found just do not use latest update of program until it is fixed
definition updates are okay to do

ps myself i will not update latest full update until a fix is found

I full version on my home pc
And i want to get more licences up to ten for pcs i use etc but i wont until above is fixed

more info below
above is only what i think hope no one was upset by what is said above

Edited by rimtechmob, 20 July 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#14 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7407 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Hi rimtechmob,

I'm not sure that I fully understand what you mean, but using two antivirusprograms, both with full real-time protection, will often give you problems due to conflicts. It doesn't matter if you install for example Avast and Norton or Avast and Ad-Aware. See for example LS Digger Barnes' explanation about possible conflicts with other security programs in the post http://www.lavasofts...ndpost&p=125582 that is written for Ad-Aware 9 Pro, but the principle is the same for other programs as well. A more technical explanation is written in http://www.lavasofts...post__p__136994 by LS Andy.

Many persons are running Ad-Aware 10 without any issues. I have been running it since first beta was released in November and there are many satisfied users at http://download.cnet...910.html#rateit

#15 rimtechmob

rimtechmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

what happens if you have microsoft security essentails our the version that is installed with windows 8

just a idear could it be that it has a conflict with security that is left after mse is un installed windows defender the anti virus that is part of the windows installation

--- im doing this message from home not at work
each pc is in its own way different

i have windows seven 64bit home premium intel i5 gigabyte mb

i will uninstall mse now
removed

thankyou for your help
ps defender is part of the operating system of windows 8

and windows seven etc

Turn Windows Defender on or off
When Windows Defender is on, you will be alerted when spyware and other potentially unwanted software tries to install itself, run on your computer, or change important Windows settings. If you use the default settings, Windows Defender will also check for new definitions, regularly scan for spyware and other potentially unwanted software, and automatically remove any detected item that has a recommended removal action.
Open Windows Defender by clicking the Start button file:///C:UsersrimosAppDataLocalTempksohtmlwps_clip_image-26689.png, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Defender.
Click Tools, and then click Options.
Under Administrator options, select or clear the Use Windows Defender check box, and then click Save. file:///C:UsersrimosAppDataLocalTempksohtmlwps_clip_image-10974.png If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Above it will cause conflicts with other antivirus programs it could be the problem

any other vendor, Windows 8's own protection will turn itself off and defer entirely to the third-party product. Microsoft's software will spring to life only if there's no third-party malware protection at all or if the third-party software is installed but has no up-to-date signatures.

Edited by rimtechmob, 20 July 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#16 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7407 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Ad-Aware 10 isn't supported on Windows 8. If you want to try Ad-Aware 10 on Windows 8, you do it on your own.

Ad-Aware 10 should not be run together with MSE. Windows Defender is not an antivirus, it is an anti-spyware program in XP, Vista and Windows 7. In Windows 8 it is also an antivirus, and then I suggest that you removes everything of it before trying to run Ad-Aware on Windows 8.

#17 rimtechmob

rimtechmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000008
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072112-16359-01.dmp
C:\Users\rimos\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-28578-0.sysdata.xml

Happened 7.07 pm brisbane Australian time

ps i disabled removed any thing can would cause compatibilty problems as explained above and still had a bsod after re trying full upgade

ps dont say its another anti vrus cause i removed them and used cc cleaner to remove any traces of url our old registry dll files

#18 rimtechmob

rimtechmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

072112-16359-01.dmp 7/21/2012 7:05:29 PM DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000000 ndis.sys [ ndis.sys+64110 ] x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 C:\Windows\Minidump\072112-16359-01.dmp 4 15 7601 262,144 caused by address in brackets
and ndis.system is part of the operating system

and only happens i tried to do update there are still people getting these crash dumps our similar

from error log from bluescreen view
c:\windows\Minidump crash report program

Edited by rimtechmob, 21 July 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#19 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7407 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

It is very difficult to follow the topic if you do a lot of changes in your posts after someone has answered them.

Does your problem have anything to do with the title of this topic, "Uninstall failed and completely lost connectivity."?

#20 rimtechmob

rimtechmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

"Uninstall failed and completely lost connectivity."?

yes it does but not last time

I have lavasoft proffesional installed and when i update full upgrade from lavasoft prof it does a blue screen of death
last time it bsod and did not loose network the logs above are from that crash
ps i will not add more posts for time being but moniter forum about why this is happening

thanks from rimtechmob

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uninstall, connectivity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users