• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 juliewaluki

juliewaluki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

Need help! I somehow ended up with what looks like a Trojan malware this morning - came with
Realtek_AC97.exe

I've been through the procedures at: http://forums.malwar...showtopic=99410

I have been able to recover desktop icons, but still have the malware on the laptop (Toshiba, windows 7) and can't seem to get it off. I've run Kapersky Pure which has detected and supposedly removed all malware, but the problem remains.

I have also tried FixIEDef.exe from: http://www.mydigital...anzlob-and-etc/

It runs, but the problem remains. Unfortunately, I am not able to save anything to the desktop (option no longer available) and am not permitted access to taskmgr.exe. I did get into task manager briefly while the laptop was restarting, but the virus quickly closed it before i could find anything in the process list.

I do have clear internet access and have been able to download antivirus software, but nothing has fixed this. I keep getting about 20 windows at a time saying 'A write command during the test has failed to complete. This may be due to a media or read/write error. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address"

Also get a bunch of warning bubbles about serious hard disk, recovery, memory issues. Get a data recovery window I can't close (only minimizes) called S.M.A.R.T check (Trial version, click here to activate...). Will Spyware Doctor actually fix this or is this another scam??

I have to take our kids out for the evening as they've been stuck in the house most of the day with me trying to fix this... so might be late for me to get back to this. ugh

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7324 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hi juliewaluki,

Please, start the computer in Safe mode with network by tapping F8 key repeatedly during the start and select Safe mode with network in the menu, see http://www.microsoft...t_failsafe.mspx. Hopefully that stop all the windows and bubbles with fake warnings and it will be easier for you to do something with the computer.

I think you have run DDS and ComboFix already. Please open DDS.txt log file, copy the content and paste it into your answer. In the same way, post C:\ComboFix.txt, which is the log file that ComboFix created. If you haven't run ComboFix, don't do it now.

Will Spyware Doctor actually fix this or is this another scam??

That suggestion on web sites is usually not a promise but a way to get money from the purchase of Spyware Doctor, even if it doesn't solve it.

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7324 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank You !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users