• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 androsnich

androsnich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I want to by-pass the 30 day trial and go directly to ad-aware basic version. Right now, I plan to disable everything and wait 30 days.

I really don't want the anti-virus scan. I am interested in the original ad aware program . How do I get just the ad-scan to work w/o anti-virus?

Is there a way to configure the anti-virus scan so that it asks before deleating suspected viruses?
Is there a way to configure the ad-aware scan so that it asks before deleating suspected ads?

Thanks, H

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7546 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hi androsnich,

All the features, that are not available in Ad-Aware 10 Free Antivirus+, are located under the header "Advanced Protection" on the main screen of Ad-Aware. You can turn them off, if you don't want to use them. After a certain amount of days, you will see a new screen when you start the computer and it will inform you that your Ad-Aware Pro Trial will expire in xx days. On that screen you click the "Activate" button and follow the instructions to register your Ad-Aware as Free Antivirus+.

Ad-Aware started to include an antivirus engine approx. 2 years ago. In version 8 and 9 there were two separate engines, one for antivirus and one for ad- and spyware. Many persons complained that Ad-Aware 9 used too much computer resources due to the two engines. In Ad-Aware 10 there is only one engine to decrease the used amount of resources, and then it is impossible to turn off the antivirus part.

Scheduled and on-demand scans always present you a list of what have been found and let you decide what to do with the found items.
To be asked when the real-time protection finds something suspicious, you click on the gear below "Real-time Protection" and set "Suspicious Programs" to "Prompt User".

#3 androsnich

androsnich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for you help. I have everything turned off including scheduled scanning. I can not turn off antivirus antispyware. I still found it started a scan on its own. Any ideas why it is ill behaved?

It aslo installs itself at startup. How can I turn that off?

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7546 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

You are welcome :)

Even Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ has full real-time protection and to have that it is necessary to start automatically. How do you want to use Ad-Aware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users