• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 schreinman

schreinman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

I am running Windows XP, never had any issues installing past versions of Ad-Aware, but the newest release (10) will not load for me. I let it run over night a couple nights ago and in the morning it still said 'Installing... Please wait...'

Any ideas??? Also, coincidence or not, my Internet connection was blocked after I cancelled the installation yet the software seemed to have loaded. So I uninstalled and now am back with the installation falling short of completion.

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7536 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

Hi schreinman,

Do you have any other antivirus or similar programs installed?

#3 schreinman

schreinman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

Good call; thanks! Yes, I had Symantec Endpoint Protection running.

Now that Ad-Aware is loaded, it appears that I can run both antivirus protection programs simultaneously. What is your recommendation with this? Can I run both or should I choose one or the other?

Thanks for your assistance!

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7536 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

You are welcome :)

Do you mean that Ad-Aware has been installed and is running?
If yes, if you don't notice any issues, you can use both programs.
If no, it might be Symantec Endpoint Protection that disturbs the installation.

#5 schreinman

schreinman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

Ad-Aware has been installed and is running (which I was able to do after first turning off Symantec). So with your response above I'm happy that I can run both programs and feel just that much more protected. The new Ad-Aware Pro which I am checking out with the 30-day trial looks VERY impressive. I'm 15 hours into a full system scan and am looking at nearly 500 traces detected. Much more thorough than anything I've seen before! Yesterday I was also blocked from connecting to a website that would have been detrimental (a fake 7-Zip site) that could have caused me some headaches. GREAT PRODUCT AND SUPPORT!!!!

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7536 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Great the you like Ad-Aware 10! :)

If you turn off Symantec during the scan, it is possible the scan will be faster. Sometimes when Ad-Aware opens a file to check it, the other antivirus program also tries to check it, so every file is checked by both programs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users