• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 peterbrown77

peterbrown77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

I am trying to install Ad-Aware 10 from behind a proxy server. On the previous version 9, I was able to edit the proxy server settings for definition updates. Since the installer is not the full package, it cannot retrieve the necessary files to complete the installation and I have no way of putting in the proxy server address so that it can get them.

The exact error is :ad-aware installation package save error

I tried turning off the firewall, to no effect.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit.

TIA

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7326 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

Hi peterbrown77,

On Monday I will try to ask my contact person at Lavasoft. In the mean time you can try the installation link in this post: http://www.lavasofts...post__p__136089
I think that is a bigger installation program that will not download installation files.

#3 peterbrown77

peterbrown77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thank you, I got it installed though it is the 30 day trial of Pro.

I cannot find where to put my proxy settings in though! So I can't update the defs....

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7326 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

You are welcome :)

I haven't been able to reach my contact person yet, but I try again.
Have you entered the proxy settings in "Control Panel" - "Internet Options"?

#5 peterbrown77

peterbrown77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

Yes, I have that in. For the browser it works fine. When I had Adaware 9, there was Settings>Proxy Settings, where I also entered the correct values and updating worked. There appears to me to be no such option in Adaware 10....

#6 peterbrown77

peterbrown77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Is there a link where I can download the complete Adaware 9?

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7326 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

FileHippo has it: http://www.filehippo...nload_ad-aware/ right column

#8 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7326 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I have now been able to ask my contact person and unfortunately it is not possible to update Ad-Aware 10 behind a proxy server. It is planned to be included in a future version (not 10.2).

If you have access to another computer that isn't behind the proxy server it is possible to copy the definitions from that computer, but that is not really a proper solution to do that every day.

#9 Piotrf

Piotrf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi Gals/Guys,
That is rather annoying, anyway, please provide as detailed as possible procedure how to copy the definitions from one machine to the other?

Thank you very much for your help!

Piotr

#10 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7326 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hi Piotr,

I think that the definitions are located in the folder C:\ProgramData\Lavasoft\AntiMalwre\Downloads in a Vista or Windows 7 computer. You only copy the files located there from an updated computer to a non-updated computer.

#11 Patriiiiiiiiiick

Patriiiiiiiiiick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

I have now been able to ask my contact person and unfortunately it is not possible to update Ad-Aware 10 behind a proxy server. It is planned to be included in a future version (not 10.2).

If you have access to another computer that isn't behind the proxy server it is possible to copy the definitions from that computer, but that is not really a proper solution to do that every day.

I would indeed like to install Ad-Aware 11+ on a computer behind a proxy with authentication. Time has passed since the above, what is the status of this issue? I am candidate to beta-test if needed...

Thanks!

#12 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7326 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

I would indeed like to install Ad-Aware 11+ on a computer behind a proxy with authentication. Time has passed since the above, what is the status of this issue? I am candidate to beta-test if needed...

Thanks!

Hi Patrick,

There is a standalone installer for Ad-Aware 11 available that can be used for an installation without direct internet connection. It's a link to it on http://lavasoft.com/...t/supportcenter under the header "Run Ad-Aware on a hung or disconnected PC".

In some computers, that are behind a proxy, Ad-Aware can update the definitions itself but in other computers the user has to do it manually by copying the definitions from a computer that aren't behind the proxy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users