• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 carjimz

carjimz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

I have been following this forum for a number of weeks now. I see daily posts from people having major problems with their system after installing Ad-Aware 10.x. The problems being reported are serious system level problems and not just Ad-Aware application related problems. Some problems so serious that an entire system re-install appears to be needed.

The sad thing is that Lavasoft, to my knowledge, has not stepped up and addressed the issues. I would expect, with the seriousness of these problems, for Lavasoft to at least post some warnings or instructions on how to avoid the most serious of the problems. Personally I believe they need to pull the product until the problems are fixed.

Does anyone have any communication directly from Lavasoft that describes what they intend to do and when they internd to have these issues fixed?

#2 Camouflage

Camouflage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

No, not really, Carjimz.

Like I already said in my Post, Lavasoft can or wants not help me. And that has a Reason. Since Days I am in Communication with their Support. Without Success. There was just rather strange Advice like this with System Restore. What is utter Nonsens in my Oppinion.

I am very curious to see what comes next...

Edited by Camouflage, 30 May 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7559 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hi carjimz,

I have almost daily contact with two persons at Lavasoft. Lavasoft is very well aware of the problems and they are working hard to find all bugs. It is not just one bug causing these BSODs and other types of problems, but many so it will take some time until all serious problems have been solved. But most of these serious problems are due to that another antivirus program is already installed. Installing for example AVG in a computer that already has Avast, will probably also give BSOD or some other serious problem.

Ad-Aware 10.1 was released 1-2 months after version 10.0 and it has been less BSODs with 10.1 than with 10.0, so many bugs bugs were corrected in 10.1.

As far as I have understand, my contact person has informed the department responsible for the information on the web site and in the emails, that they should be better on informing that Ad-Aware 10.1 should not be installed in computers with other antivirus programs. According to Lavasoft support, many persons are not even aware of that they have another antivirus program installed (when asked they say "I don't have an antivirus program" but when Lavasoft connects to the computer, they can see that another antivirus program is installed).

I and several other persons have been using Ad-Aware 10 since November, when the first beta was released, without any serious problems.

#4 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7559 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Hi Camouflage,
I haven't read your own topic yet, but doing a system restore to a date just before an installation is a good way to get the system in a stable state before trying to do an installation in another way. This is written for Vista but it is a good general description of what a system restore does in XP and Windows 7, too: http://windows.micro...-System-Restore

#5 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

I have been following this forum for a number of weeks now. I see daily posts from people having major problems with their system after installing Ad-Aware 10.x. The problems being reported are serious system level problems and not just Ad-Aware application related problems. Some problems so serious that an entire system re-install appears to be needed.

The sad thing is that Lavasoft, to my knowledge, has not stepped up and addressed the issues. I would expect, with the seriousness of these problems, for Lavasoft to at least post some warnings or instructions on how to avoid the most serious of the problems. Personally I believe they need to pull the product until the problems are fixed.

Does anyone have any communication directly from Lavasoft that describes what they intend to do and when they internd to have these issues fixed?

These people are mostly those who use multiple antivirus if you don't use multiple antivirus you will not face any problem.

#6 Beatles4

Beatles4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Post Deleted

Edited by Beatles4, 31 May 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#7 Reivax

Reivax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

I confirm: no other installed antivirus and major problems after the installation of the version 10!

I uninstalled and cleaned my base of register: no more problems.

I shall never install Adaware: inadmissible to launch a product bugged!

#8 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7559 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hi Reivax,

Unusual, but for Lavasoft to be able to investigate the problem and correct the bug, they need more information from your computer, for example what drivers that are installed.

P.S. It is still possible to run Ad-Aware 9.6, which can be downloaded from FileHippo.
I hope that you have run the special removal/clean-up program for your previous antivirus program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users