5 replies to this topic

#1 illarionovdv

illarionovdv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Hi,

I recently installed version 10 and noticed a strange think. I am using speedfan on my old Windows XP box and before version 10 everything was fine.

With 10, speedfan started to use a lots of CPU itself (10-20% of one core). If I leave the box running overnight, the percentage climes to constant 100%, (and whole idea of using speedfan to reduce fan noise becomes pointless))).

Now, if I close Ad-Aware, speedfan CPU usage drops to normal 1-2% and everything backs to normal.

Well, I believe speedfan is using some low-level routines, but it is very useful program for old boxes. Unfortunately, I am up to uninstall Ad-Aware 10 because of this issue. Is there any options I can try to change? (On speedfan I have tried to switch off logging and debugging modes without luck).

Thanks
Dmitri

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7246 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

Hi illarionovdv,

Do you have another antivirus program installed?

#3 illarionovdv

illarionovdv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

No, nothing else.

#4 LS Ann

LS Ann

Lavasoft Staff

• 79 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hello Dmitri,

What version do you use: 10.0 or 10.1; Pro (30-Day Trial), Pro, Personal or Free? What features are enabled? What actions are being performed by Ad-Aware during usage a lot of CPU?

Thanks,
Ann

#5 illarionovdv

illarionovdv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hello Dmitri, What version do you use: 10.0 or 10.1; Pro (30-Day Trial), Pro, Personal or Free? What features are enabled? What actions are being performed by Ad-Aware during usage a lot of CPU? Thanks, Ann

Hi Ann,

(sorry, was away).

I am using Ad-Aware Pro 10.1 (in 30 Days trial) with all settings by default (all basic and advance protection options ON, except 'Gaming Mode' and 'Advanced Firewall'). No actions required, it just needs time. I reboot the box and speedfan and Ad-Aware launched on start-up. In few hours (say 4 to be sure) speedfan's CPU usage claims to 10-20%. In 8-10 hours it reaches 80-100%.

Note, Ad-Aware process CPU usage seems to be ok. speedfan.exe has issues. But once I close As-Aware, speefan.exe is back to normal. This did not happen on Ad-Aware 9.x although I often left that box running for days.

Thanks
Dmitri

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7246 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hi illarionovdv,

My guess is that there is some kind of conflict between the Speedfan driver and one of the Ad-Aware 10.1 drivers. Sometimes such conflicts can be solved by installing the two programs in the opposite order. You can try to uninstall Ad-Aware and Speedfan, and then install Ad-Aware first, reboot and install Speedfan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users