• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yhuzan

Yhuzan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

Hello, I have been using Ad-Aware Antivirus for about 7 months on this computer, and for years on my other with no problems whatsoever.

Recently, on the 7 month computer, whenever I right click ANY folder or file, even if it isn't related to Ad-Aware, a small window will pop up reading "launching Ad-Aware" like an installer window.

After it is down loading, this window pops up:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Ad-Aware Antivirus.msi' in the box below."

To the right of the text is OK and Cancel, below the text is "Use source:" with a drop down menu to select a file directory.

Screenshot:

Attached File  Help.png   99.54KB   3 downloads

This began occurring whenever an update became available; I tried updating and all that it did was download the Ad-Aware installer and re-install Ad-Aware. If I click cancel, this box pops up:

"Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Ad-Aware Antivirus. The Windows Installer cannot continue."

I click OK, it goes away... until I right-click a file or folder.

It is becoming annoying and my wife was barking at me, so I tried completely uninstalling Ad-Aware and I couldn't, so I tried just installing it again and using the fixing feature in the uninstaller, which didn't work, and I re-installed it without uninstalling it. Nothing has worked.

I am using the 'Antivirus Free +' version for a Windows 7 home computer. It is a great product that has kept my computer and family safe from spyware and malicious software attacks.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave.

Edited by Yhuzan, 25 May 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7536 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

I am closing this topic since Yhuzan already has a topic about this problem: http://www.lavasofts...being-annoying/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users