Ad-Aware 10.1 Released

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7550 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Ad-Aware 10.1 has been released. I don't have much information about it yet but at least the following have been fixed:

* Drivers are new. The most common reasons to get Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) by Ad-Aware should therefore be fixed, for example it should be possible to run Ad-Aware together with other antivirus programs (tested with Norton and AVG) without getting BSOD.

* When having multiple user accounts on a computer, Ad-Aware should no longer ask for license key when switching between them.

Note, that other download websites than http://www.lavasoft.com are not yet updated.
  • Tachikoma likes this

#2 LS Andy

LS Andy

Lavasoft Staff/Forum Overlord

• Root Admin
  • 1534 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Ad-Aware 10.1 Updates

ENGINE
  • Cached Scanning for faster scheduled scans.
  • Cached schedule scans complete sooner.
  • Performance improvements have been made to the engine
  • Reliability improvements have been made to the file system drivers
FIREWALL
  • Trusted programs are now white-listed in the definitions
  • Reliability improvements have been made to the Firewall Drivers
  • Improved 64-bit support
REAL-TIME PROTECTION
  • Reliability improvements have been made to the Real-Time Protection Drivers
  • Improved 64-bit OS support
OS SUPPORT CHANGES
  • Windows 2000 is no longer supported in order to permit some of the driver improvements Service Pack 2 is now required for Windows XP to support driver improvements

• Tachikoma likes this
unsolicited@tenalia.com

#3 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7550 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

More tracking cookies are detected.

#4 Tachikoma

Tachikoma

Advanced Member

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hurrraaay! :D
  • CeciliaB likes this
Lavasoft's malware hunter

#5 Smith999

Smith999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Where can i get the full(standalone, offline) installer? English version!

Edited by Smith999, 11 May 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7550 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hi Smith999,

Only the small installer is available now. During the last years Lavasoft had received so many complains that the installer was too big, that they decided to switch to a small installer.

#7 Smith999

Smith999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

Thank you! :)

edit:isn't this exactly what i'm asking for> http://www.lavasofts...post__p__135404

Edited by Smith999, 11 May 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#8 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7550 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

You are welcome :)

I checked several download sites without finding anything but the small installer, but you're correct, megamind found it. That installer is bigger, 18 instead of 6 MB, but it doesn't contain any definitions, they will be downloaded during the installation. It is not really an off-line installer.

#9 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

Smith999,

You can download full installer from here.

http://majorgeeks.co...Free_d5947.html

#10 Smith999

Smith999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

I did it yesterday. Thanks.:)

#11 TheHaggis

TheHaggis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

I think you guys have still not got it right, I'm afraid to say. I installed the latest version 10.1...... and ever since then it pretty much made my machine useless. Everything stilled worked but it just took a very very long time to get there. Not very computer savvy but the only thing I could see that was wrong was the CPU never went above 1%, what was causing this, god knows.

I was looking through your forum for some answers and came upon, http://www.lavasofts...h-uninstalling/ . Great info and thankfully all I have had to do was just click on the uninstall button. Since then my machine is back to normal, just no pretection until I can find what the old version I has was and try installing that again. Been using your products for years and this is the first time things have gone a bit pear shaped.

Just thought that I would let you guys know and can hopefully do some R&D.

HP Touchsmart 310PC
Windows 7 Home Premium
Avast Anti Virus, nothing else.

#12 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7550 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hi TheHaggis,

It might be some conflict with Avast unfortunately.

#13 TheHaggis

TheHaggis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi TheHaggis,

It might be some conflict with Avast unfortunately.

Not so sure because I tried switching various things off and no matter what I did, nothing made any difference until I uninstalled your program. I have never had any conflict between them in the past.

#14 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7550 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

Even if you turn off functions, the drivers will be running.

Ad-Aware 9 and earlier versions were only anti-spyware programs, but now it is "Ad-Aware 10 Antivirus+" since version 10 is a good antivirus program with anti-spyware function.Better description:
Ad-Aware 9 and earlier versions had a limited real-time protection, but "Ad-Aware 10 Antivirus+" has full real-time protection that together with another antivirus program with full real-time protection can give conflicts of various kinds.

Have you been able to install version 9.6 again?

#15 megamind

megamind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Ad-aware 10 provide you full protection 9.6 only offer you process guard that is why is was compatible with so many antivirus but ad-aware 10 is more than enough now.

#16 Smith999

Smith999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

2 bugs:
1. Scheduled scan can not be disabled! I think You are aware of this.
2.That's funny. See screenshot.

Attached Files

#17 reefvan

reefvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

In the release of 10.2 or later a serious consideration to adding a checkbox option for "limited real-time protection" and "full real-time protection" should be added. With the reason as to why it is there shown.

Many of us have spent good money on Anti-Virus programs which we believe are good and have also spent money on Ad-Aware Pro licenses.I myself lost an entire Saturday morning installing 10.x and un-installing 10.x, what a waste of time. 4 frozen PCs.

10.x is not ready for Prime Time until a little more flexibilty is added in the options. I have 3 desktops running Vista / Win 7 (32 & 64 bit) and 3 laptops running XP / Win 7 (32 & 64 bit). I have paid licences of Ad-Aware Pro on the 2 main family desktops but now will be holding off on any further purchases of Ad-Aware licences until these issues are resolved.

#18 Smith999

Smith999

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

In the release of 10.2 or later a serious consideration to adding a checkbox option for "limited real-time protection" and "full real-time protection" should be added. With the reason as to why it is there shown.

Many of us have spent good money on Anti-Virus programs which we believe are good and have also spent money on Ad-Aware Pro licenses.I myself lost an entire Saturday morning installing 10.x and un-installing 10.x, what a waste of time. 4 frozen PCs.

10.x is not ready for Prime Time until a little more flexibilty is added in the options. I have 3 desktops running Vista / Win 7 (32 & 64 bit) and 3 laptops running XP / Win 7 (32 & 64 bit). I have paid licences of Ad-Aware Pro on the 2 main family desktops but now will be holding off on any further purchases of Ad-Aware licences until these issues are resolved.

Every modern AV program has anti-spyware module. I think you don't even need 2 programs of the same kind.

#19 vgopalk

vgopalk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

I installed a trial version yesterday and uninstalled it today.

The AdAware messed up my Wireless settings and upon uninstalling all seems to be fine.

If you could TEST your product a bit more thoroughly in the future, that would prevent potential customers like me from spending an hour or two wasting time.

#20 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7550 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hi vgopalk,

Sorry, but it is impossible to test a program with all types of wireless network cards. There are too many of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users