#1 Bennyafro

Bennyafro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

a complaint i filed to lavasoft:
ever since i bought and downloaded ad-aware 10 i have problem on my computer:
1. full scan never finishes. it gets stuck after some time, and even the scan timer doesn't move anymore. moreover it slows everything i do on my computer during that time.
2. i bought also the registry tuner and it has done much damage to my computer - certain sites such as youtube dont work any more.
3. i tried uninstalling ad aware in order to reinstall it, it was so difficult i actually spent hours on hours trying to figure out how to do it, because it claimed i didnt had admin permissions, although i do. i had to call that number of support you supply on your site, and after a horrible experience with the technician, i had to talk with the manager which told me to download "Revo unistaller" as the only way to remove the program. I did so, and finally removed it. Reistalling did not solve my problems with adaware 10.
i even unistalled my former anti virus with belief that adaware is conflicting with it (according to your support forums) and it did not help as well.
i am very disappointed from your program, i have been using adaware for many years in the older version and was satisfied with it. but now i want MY MONEY BACK, for the horrible experience i have with your program and the hours i had to spend to try and fix the problem this program have given me.
I hope to hear a response from them quickly.
Benny.
  • Jessicajil likes this

#2 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7525 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Hi Bennyafro,

Since you have bought the product you can use the Lavasoft support instead of this forum with mainly volunteers. http://lavasoft.com/...contact_support

I'm sorry to hear that you have had such problem. Can you see in which folder and file the scanner stops? Is it the same every time?
Just to be sure, this stucking occurred after you uninstalled your other antivirus program including using the manufacturer's special removal program?
Have you tried to change the Performance Settings to be able to do other things at the same time as the scan?

#3 erpguy6

erpguy6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

just wondering Bennyafro, what version of Windows were you using when you had the problems with Ad-aware 10?

#4 Bennyafro

Bennyafro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

im using vista 64 bit... its been 3 days and i havent recieved anything from lavasoft..

#5 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7525 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

They will probably not contact you during the weekend but on Monday I can inform my contact person at Lavasoft that your support mail has been missed.

#6 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7525 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hi Bennyafro,

Please send a PM (message) to http://www.lavasofts...1592-ls-sharon/ with your e-mail address. They need that to be able to find your support request.

#7 CeciliaB

CeciliaB

Volunteer

• 7525 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Have you received any help now, Bennyafro?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users